Droopy leaves starting to yellow...

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by miawarrior542, May 6, 2010.

1. Iv bin training my plant for a little bit now and this morning my plant looked nice. When i walked out today the leaves started to yellow a little bit and they are drooping. What can be the problem? They are outside plants so they get w.e amount of sun there is now.

2. Are they in pots outside or directly in the ground? If in pots, what kind of soil is it?
    Have you been making sure they are getting enough water, and not too much? Also, what is the pH of the water?

Please post a picture of the plant if you can, it is a big help in figuring out what is wrong.

3. they are in pots outside. in miracle grow soil. and if been spray watering them about everyday but now iv switched to every 3 days. and idk ph?

4. mine are doin the same are they about 45-55 Days old? im going to feed them ALL a 1/4-1/2 strength GROW solution by FF. Its only on 2 or 3 plants, different hybrid strains, 4 best bagseed females X BC Purps male. Labeled A,B,C & CH(she smelled like cheese). Neway, i have plenty of stock, so im not affraid to take chances. IM searching for a good Male and Female to partner up with. So far i have confirmed the FRUITY gene DID pass over. Now, im testing productivity of offspring. So far, smalll buds, even outside. But i blame my pruning. 20 days before 1st offspring harvest. Growin this is a lot of shyt to keep track of.

i say response is needed but go real easy on nutes and plain water. infact. im goiing to flush with plain water THEN feed.

i will post results

5. It sounds like you are overwatering them. I can't be sure without pictures, but you shouldn't be watering every day. Also you don't need to spray the plant with water, just put the water in the pots. Make sure you water all the soil in the pots thouroughly, so it comes out the drainholes in the bottom of the pots, then don't water them again until the top 2 inches of soil are dry. Every 3 days sounds much better than every day, but it's best to check the soil to make sure it is dry, it could take longer than 3 days.

If the miracle grow soil that you used has time-release fertilizers in it, you'll want to transplant them out of that into a potting soil that doesn't have time-release ferts. It should say on the bag or sometimes you can see the little yellow, orange, and white fertilizer pellets in the soil.

To know the pH you'll have to buy a meter or the water drop test kit (which is less than $10). If your water's pH is too high or too low, you'll need to correct it with pH UP or pH DOWN, depending on what you need. You should be watering with a pH of 6.5 to 6.8.

6. mines still yellow. the drooping went away slightly but rule of thumb, you must wait 3-5 days for color response. but my experience is telling me another dose of nitro(N) is needed. but I dont want salt build up. ima go with 1/2 strength FF Grow solution today. Are you going to post your progress?? its been a few days. You dont want to wait too long of a response for these matters.

The droop can ALSO come from OVER-watering and UNDER-watering. its better NOT to water for 3-5 days. To make sure you dont drown the roots.

7. I have the same problem. I was told it need nitrogen. I was also told that jello
    mix has some and I can use that since I'm short on money. Has anyone heard this?