Droopy leaves on 23 of the girls

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Jaydub2, Oct 6, 2014.

1. So my girls started drooping a couple of days ago. I thought i was over watering so i stopped for 3 days and they have only gotten worse. Some of the bottom leaves were turning yellow and droop so i pulled them. Not too many though not enough to over stress. But heres what they look like moments after a watering after 3 days. Only 2 are like this and the other is strong so not sure whats happening. 

Attached Files:

2. #2 Jaydub2, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
    Im using FFOF and they are in 2 1/2 week flower. And they are said to be Bubba seeds. I also have a bottle of BioThrive Bloom mix 2-4-4 that i havent used yet

3. What temps are they under?
    I assume your planter has sufficient drainage?
    Have you checked the Ph of your runoff?
    How large of planter is that... it looks like you're about 3+ inches below the lip of the container. Could have problems with root binding if those planters are too low on soil.

4. I gave them some water and they perked right back up. its still a bit strange. its at about 78 in there. The soil is a bit low id agree but just throwing soil on top wont help. I need to check the run off just not sure how

5. Go to a nursery... I really like Earl May. They sell a 4 pack that tests N-P-K and Ph. When testing the Ph you can test the soil, or runoff. Add water to your plant and capture the droplets as they drip from the drainage holes.

The Ph test comes with capsules, you crack the capsule and add the powder to your solution to be tested... match the color with the chart.

Adjust your Ph accordingly.

6. Also, low soil is a big damn deal. You'll get root bound quicker than shit... if it were me, I would get another bucket fill it with soil and then cut the bottom out of your current planter and set said planter into the bucket.

7. I agree, and if its rootbound that sucks to be 2+ weeks into flower. I had a rootbound plant with the same symptoms. Been posting it all over gc today helpin people with the same issue

8. Sounds like they just needed water if they turned worse after 3 days of not watering and perked back up.

That low soil may become a issue though..just leave a few inches next time around..good luck, looks nice and green

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. 1 gallon soil per foot tall of plant..... pretty doubtful for root bound....

10. Pictures appear to express N toxicity.

11. Noizviolation,

1 gallon per foot of plant growth? I think there are some unknown variables... such as the diameter of planter being used.

I disagree with 1 gallon of soil, seems a bit to low... and the possibility of root binding is not something I want to risk.

12. #12 mmman, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
    Have you given these girls any ferts, one post says no but plants appear overloaded with N, hence, the droop. Also, have you measured the run-off as insider suggested?

13. over watering