Droopy girlz! Any advise?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LovinDAbudz, Nov 28, 2017.

1. So i have 7 girls in a tent. Everyday or every other day they seem to be healthy as could be and within hours will look very droopy,followed by bouncing back to good as fast as they went droopy.it seems to be progressively worse with my biggest plants. Auto great white sharks on day 22. Using FFOF and plain 6.4ph tap water with periodic organic compost tea feedings. Their under a mars 144 reflector at 22" off the top of tallest plant. I water them at most once a day too every other day wen soil feels dry down to my knuckles. There r no brown spots or major discoloring. Have a Good fan moving air inside while another is pumping filtered air in. I was waiting till day 30 to start nectar for the gods nute regiment. Could this be a nute deficiency? Any advise welcomed here!

Attached Files:

2. Over watering. Once a day or even every other is too much. The. Thing with soft sided containers is the finger test isn't a good way to tell if they're ready to water as they will dry out on the top and sides do to added air flow , yet still be wet in the middle. The finger test isn't a good way to tell in any container. Learn to feel the difference in weight between a dry container and a moist container.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I agree with killset, it could be overwatering based on your description. Alternatively, it could be under-watering. If you are watering them 3-5 times a week, you are either watering way way too much, or everytime you water them it's not nearly enough. If they are droopy and perk up a few hours after you water them, it's more likely underwatering.

If you don't soak them, soak them. They need to be soaked. SOAKED. Yes they don't like being overwatered, but you have fabric pots which help against that, and they do like to be watered thoroughly in between drying out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. That plant is so small you would literally have to be barely watering much at all for it to be understating. Since you're watering as much as you are it's pretty age to say it's over watering. How much do you water each time? Until there's runoff? Or just like a few sprayes from a mister or something?

5. Between the 5 girlz in the smart pots i evenly split a full spray bottles (average size bottle, 16-20oz i believe) worth of water. So maybe 5oz of water max per plant. Usually the only eun off i get is the water leaking out the sides of the pot

6. Are those one gallon planters? Plants IMO have memory, they anticipate lights on, the leaves perk up, fully come out of sleep mode 30min before the timer clicks the lights on, cloth pots need to be watered very slowly using a wetting agent in the beginning helps but I can get each one gallon planter to absorb almost an entire gallon of water when the plants are young and have not filled the container with roots, I start by slowly (I mean trickle)circling the outer edge working to the center, let it sit a few minutes, repeat, try it with one of your planters when finished lift the pot then lift a pot watered the way you have been doing it, the weight will be night an day, now you won't have to water again for a few days and your plant growth will also increase...

7. No they are 3 gallon

8. Water it thouroghly and wait a few days into the container is light. Fill an empty container with dry soil for a weight comparison until you get used to the feel. This is either a watering issue or a heat issue. If the heats under control then it's water. So water like recommended.

Soft sided containers are easy to use in a sub irrigated planter set up with a little preparation. Let's the plant water itself and takes the guess work out

9. Well my temp never gos above 81 and i average 77-79 but i cant get the humidity up. My relative humidity is always between 20-28. Can this be a major issue?

10. Temps are fine. Humidity isn't premium but I grow in less during the winter. My plants drink more. Other then that I see no difference. I run sub irrigated planters/sips to help with this. Maybe it's a combo of the humidity and bad watering habits. I used to fight humidity but it's a struggle to keep up when running an exhaust system. My humidifiers are only ran in my dry room now. That's where sips come in real handy. I've found as long as the plants have a steady supply of water without having soaked soil low humidity isn't an issue.

Dor now Figure something out with your watering technique. water thoroughly until run off and let almost dry out. Give it a couple days. See how that goes.

Another possibility could be wind burn/low humidity. Oscillating fan? Stationary fan? Or no fan? Away from the plant or pointed at it?

11. I'm not too hot on imperial units, but 5oz is about half a can of coke? Personally I would water them the whole 20oz each and see if I can wait 4-5 days before they need it again. The pots are quite large if they are 3gal, air pots too, the plants are actually a decent size they probably use 4-5oz each per day of water just to live and they're getting barely any extra. killset is right water it thoroughly, and that actually might just fix everything with no other changes.

If the water you add is coming out the side of the pots, pause for 5 minutes then continue. When the soil gets very dry, especially around the edges of the container, it takes a while for it to absorb the water again. You have to try to dampen it, let it soak into the fibres, then when you add more water it actually stays in the pot better.

12. 9

13. Thank u very much. This was very helpful! It means alot u taking the time to thoroughly help me out here. I just want to grow my girlz to the best ability possible. I dont smoke very much. A bowl or 2 a day for my stomach issues mainly but growing it is my real passion its self! Spiritual awakening shit!

14. Well i have a window fan in there now. At first i had it pointed at the girls but realized it was overkill and the plants were swaying too much so i turned the angle down towards the bases of the pots 3 days ago with no change for bettr or worse.

15. A good strong breeze isn't a bad thing. When they are a little larger you should blow directly on them again. That little bit of natural stress makes the plant grow thicker stems to withstand the wind. The thicker stems support the buds better without flopping over under the weight, and i believe the increased size of the stems allows more sap to flow and in my experience allows larger buds to grow.

• Like Like x 1