Droopy and dark green leaves with yellow spots

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by W7X, Jan 8, 2012.

1. #1 W7X, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
    I started a new grow with Pineapple Chunk-strain just five weeks ago. They've been on an 18/6 light cycle and are doing great, except for two specimens.

Attached photos are all different plants but of the same strain (Pineapple Chunk), and I've treated them all the same way. I've even used the same soil and containers for them. At first I thought I overwatered them, but the soil seems to be dry.

Can you guys tell me what's wrong with them? They've been under 100W CFL-lights, temperature is well under control and the ventilation works. I'm keeping them in small containers because I don't want them to grow too big, since I don't have much space to grow.

Edit: I should add that I have two other plants of a different strain growing with them, and they're doing just as well as that one Pineapple Chunk is. I know they're not big, but I'm hoping to start flowering soon. I'm mainly trying to make more seeds (now let's hope they don't all turn out to be males).

Attached Files:

2. what are you feeding them? temps?

3. Just water, nothing else. I checked and the temperatures were actually quite low for light cycle, only around 71.6F. I lowered the lights a little closer to the plants, that should make it warmer.

4. Any nutes in the soil? Not that it's the biggest concern, but there is some yellowing that might have to be addressed as well. You mentioned overwatering but ruled it out; maybe the medium is compacted and starving the roots of oxygen? Temps aren't ideal but you have others that are in good shape so rule that out. A root infestation possibly?

Sorry I can't help more, but i'd check first for any creepy crawlers in the dirt and while doing that i would re-pot to ensure the root system can breathe and drink. Maybe add some hydroton or other chunky material to aid in drainage and oxygenation of the root system. Depending on the state of the root mass i might also do some root pruning to spur on some new growth for the transplant.

5. No additional nutes at least. And now that I started to think, those two plants actually do have different soil after all and it was rather chunky. I replanted the plants with the good soil I had left and removed all the chunky parts. I'll be grabbing a new bag of soil from the store while I go grab a new set of lights

6. #6 W7X, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
    Thanks for the tip guys! After replanting them, one of the plants has made a full recovery. Other one is still droopy, with slightly curled leaves. I'm not sure if it's suffering from too much water, or not enough water.

Update: I gave it a good dosage of water and now the second plant has made a full recovery as well

Update 2: On top of that, it seems like all of my plants are turning female. I'm not 100% sure, but they've been in 12/12 for almost a week now and I think I'm seeing female pistons. Kinda shame, I was hoping that I could produce a bunch of Pineapple Chunk seeds.