Drooping plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tcpuvgz, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Why are my plants drooping?

Attached Files:

2. Your plants don't look like there dropping IMO. It looks like they stretched some. What watt is your light? Can you give more information it's just going to get you better help. List your,
    Soil
    Strain
    Light
    Ventilation
    Temps etc...

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. CANNA Terra Professional
    Purple Bud
    250w
    Only intake no exhaust fan - I have tent door open
    27-29 c

Attached Files:

4. Def stretchd....i agree with robbie bout not droopy,just babies so b patient.....but u shud find a way to get that light closer if your over 18",or control heat cause there really reaching

5. I use 1000w dimmable,i start on 400w n its probably true to extinct(thats hps makes them stretch).just a caution to do what u can cause they can stretch so much they fall over..

6. Can always mound up soil too so there sturdy..good luck

7. During my #1 grow the same thing happened but they came around I did raise the soil but this time around there is not much room to raise.

Attached Files:

8. Hopefully they dont fall over for u..kinda worse case senerio..if you can down the rd get a cool tube,i had a 600wingtip that lookd like yurs n heat is always an issue with hps..so get a fixture wenever possible n will help tons

9. I raised the soil. Should I water the new bit? I just watered 2 days ago its still moist.

Attached Files:

10. My opinion is no,moist is what yur shooting 4

11. Your plants are too far away from the light you're growing under and the plants are stretching. This will continue to happen unless you bring the two closer together. The pots you've got them in are WAYYYYYYY too huge to start out a seedling in unless you want to sit there and wait for weeks for this tiny little plant to get rooted in. The more soil it must root into, the longer this process is going to take. That's why we generally start them out in a very small container like a Solo cup, and repot up from there. By confining the amount of soil a plant must root into, it takes less time for the process to happen and the plant get back to growing again. Until it's rooted in, the plant doesn't grow much and doesn't use hardly any water at all. Most new growers kill their plants with over watering. Before you go any further, you need to do some serious research on what you're trying to accomplish here. You can't get through one of these without knowing the basics and how and when to water is right up there at the top of the list. Go to the new grower threads here and read the sticky's posted at the top of the page. They contain the very basic info that all new growers desperately need to know BEFORE they start seeds. If you had started your plant in a Solo cup, you would have a real plant by now instead of a tiny little stem with a couple of leaves. The only time I know of that you start a small plant out in a huge container is when you're growing "auto" strains. The word is that they don't like to be repotted. Whether or not this is true, I don't know because I don't work with auto strains. Just go read up on how to do this. And are you vegging with hps lighting? If so, you're really out of the proper spectrum there. HPS is primarily a veg spectrum. You should be vegging with hps or HID for best results. TWW

• Like Like x 2
  12. Widows spot on with his advice..mh is tech for veg wen using hid lights(thats what widow meant at bottom).but u can get good results with them n veg once you getthe basics

13. I dont want to use hps because its too hot and i cant install an exhaust system because its too loud. Gonna go with LEDs.

14. 20160622_213712.jpg Heres 1wk root,2 wk veg with hps,(and pic was after it was flippd roughly 3wks

15. Cool but like I said HPS is out of the question for me.

16. Nothing wrong with that.good luck on yur grow