Drooping leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Outdoormonsters4me, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Hi so I'm midway into my 3rd year growing in the great Colorado outdoors. Right now I have an east coast jack x sour D that is almost 11.5 ft tall and up until 3 days ago it was doing amazing. It started preflower about a week ago, and is on the same watering cycle and all my other plants. Yet the top 2 ft of leaves started laying down during the day much like it would at night. None of my other girls are doing this. I thought because of its size it could be under watering so I started another watering cycle on her and now more of the leaves are drooping. I'm at a loss it's not cold and I have not changed anything in the last week. Any ideas would be very great thank you.

2. it's likely you are actually overwatering. If the soil feels wet an inch in don't water.

• Like Like x 2
  3. This is very puzzling, I would look at your watering for sure. I have been growing since '10 and have not seen this. This year I had 5 OG Kush seeds and only two survived, I have tied them down so as to "bonsai" them and they are doing well but one is slow to move into flower. They both got the same care, I don't get why one is late. I wounder if the seeds were what they were said to be? Also, I always get the yellowing of lower leaves this time of year but it seems to be much more this year. I can't figure it, they are getting the same feed as every other year. May just be that strain.

4. I'm going to let the soil dry a bit and maybe change the watering schedule it's just weird cus it's been on the same schedule since inception and now it changes.

5. If its outdoor it may be nutrient problems you can get a soil testing kit at lowes or any garden store for a couple bucks and check levels with some of these sites. I let mine go free range haven't tried tieing branches yet. My yields are usually more then enough to get through to the next season. Or they arent getting enough sun, but I am in no way a master grower so take my advise with a grain of salt.

6. I don't know what the tiny hairs on the roots are called but in hydro setups where the water is constantly available the roots do not develop these hairs quite as much. They are to help with uptake of water in very dry conditions. Anyways I tried hydro this year and could not control the temp or humidity in the environment enough and had to pull that plant and transplant to soil. That was a bumpy ride because of the abundance of water it always had. The tiny hairs did not really develop so for about the first 2 weeks I had to gradually wean it off the water. Like water 3 times a day and slowly go down until it was on the same schedule more or less of my other outdoor plants. The thing here that is important if the plant roots are use to living in wet conditions you should gradually wean it off the water. Maybe even just cut your amount in half for a few waterings.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well I have issue with PH, I'm using the same soil as every other year, but this year the PH is low. I've been using ph up but it isn't changing the ph. Today I flushed both and the run off water is low PH. I'm at a loss.

8. what matters is that you are watering and feeding with correct pH water. my soil is 8.7ph and haven't had any problems

9. That's the 1st thing I checked and the tap water was OK. I have since figured out that I was too anxious and watering too often. I was wrong about the PH, it is high but the over watering is what was making my leaves yellow and droopy.