Drooping leaves, please help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Moose92765, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Just started flowering, have a mix of flowering and veg bulbs in. Just switched to the blooming nutrients.

Any ideas why the leaves are drooping? Opinions on how my plant looks?

Attached Files:

2. I've read some place that drooping leaves means over watering, but I'm not 100% on that still in the process of setting up my first grow.
    To me those plants look great. Alot better then my empty box anyways.
    What watts and lumen bulbs are you using?

3. Its growing hydroponiclly so overwatering is not an issue. I have both 5000k lights and 2700k lights right now.

4. what you will want to do is cover up the unused holes to keep the light out of your reservoir

5. Some of the leaves look crispy. Beginnings of nute burn?

6. Looks like your not getting enough oxygen to your plants roots and nitrogen deficiency looks to be apart of this too. Hydro will give an overwater look when they are not getting enough oxygen in the res. Make sure your air stones are working good and maybe add another one. As for the yellowing that looks like a lack of nitrogen but could be caused by the lack of air too.

7. Their droopy because they are growing towards the lights on the sides. Put all of your lights above the plant. Side lighting is only for when you have more than enough light and you have not enough light

8. Nute burn? No nute burn on the photos I'm looking at.

9. I don't think so I'm thinking its light deprived and seeking out that side lighting. The leaves look like the plant could have high nutes but I don't think I see any deficiencies. But I'm a noob so...

10. whats overwatering in soil is lack of aeration in hydro, to the roots its the same thing. you need more bubbles.

11. What are your res temps op? The oxygen could be dropping because of high water temps.

12. No this is definitely lake of oxygen causing the drooping effect. Same as over watering the plant is drowning. As for the yellowing of the leaves up top to me it looks like when he switched to flower nutes he backed off the nitrogen too much.

13. Good to know.

I would suspect high res temps to be the culprit then.

14. may well be, water is can definitly hold much more oxygen when its cooler.

15. Should I get a bigger air stone? As far as the color on the top.leaves they are actually beight green no yellow. The yellowish color in the picture is from the different lights up top. I did 2/3 of the grow nutes it had before plus 2/3 of the bloom nutes. Should I give it more of the grow nutes?

16. Bright green*

17. Yea the top of the plant yellowing is not nitrogen your right there. Was confusing myself lol stoned and thoughtless lol. Anyways what your seen in yellowing of the top is going to be iron or mg. Im leaning more toward iron cause i dont see green vains which is you mg giveaway. You can try anything with potassium in it to fix iron deficiency. Epson salt is good for mg deficiency. Id add a air stone imediatly and then try to figure out your rez temps and a solution. To much air wont hurt not enough will kill.

18. I also have 2 different light types, the grow cfls and the flowering cfls. Is it ok to use the 2 different lights?

19. Well if you say its not yellow then its not yellow as for the droop yes more air.

20. The plant is NOT yellowing at all!

Thats just the way it looks from the color of the lights in the picture.