DROOPING Leaves Not Enough Water ? Heat ?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Weight448, Jul 7, 2012.

1. My plants were looking great last time i checked, here is a pic of them

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Today I go back there and 3 of them are very droopy and almost look like they are dying, but they are holding in there! shit !
    I dont want to loose this crop, my guess is because It has been very hot and I missed a watering because I figured the rain from the storms over here has been getting them pretty well .

I was back there today with a gallon of water and got them good, do you think they will revive if I go back there tomorrow with some fox farm nutes and more water for them , its supposed to be very hot over here tomorrow , rep for good help thank you ! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. 39 views no comments somebody help come onnn

3. Hey man Ill jump at this.

Your leaves will tell you anything man. But depending on what time in the day you went out their, the leaves will change rapidly throughout the day. Usually if they are underwatered you will have sever wilting like I mean severe.

The one that is wilted could be rootbound. How long has it been in that pot. What is your normal watering routine?? I normally water my girls every 3 days but they are in holes in the ground.

I can see though that the little one, either the ph is off or it is hungry. Have you been feeding them all the same foods?

But with my plants the leaves constantly change, I mean within a hour or 2 they will be different than the last time that you checked on them.

If you wanna see, Check them in the morning then check them in the afternoon, then check them around dinner time and then check them before the sun goes down. Each time the plants leaves will have changed and adjusted to where the sun is. That is if you can get to your plants that many times in a day.

4. But to tell you the truth I think that it has to do with watering or root space.

If it had to do with heat, you would have taco leaves.

• Like Like x 1
  5. thanks for jumping at this wargreen, good advice here and makes sense

i tend to try to water them every 3-4 days but i let mother nature do its thing, if it rains i wont go back there for say another 2 days , they are in 5 gallon buckets and i havent fed them any nutes yet .

6. Ok well I would start feeding them lightly so they can adjust to the nutes. How long have they been in the 5gal buckets?? I had 3 plants in 5 gals earlier this year and they would have been rootbound within 3 weeks of my transplanting them into the buckets for sure! Lols doesnt take to much time at all. Also if they have been in their for very long I would assume that the roots have takin over the soil so they are probably needing watered more often than that. Just a assumption as I would have to see in person to know for sure. Hope you get it figured out man.

The least I would do is transplant them into bigger pots or put them into holes. Doesnt have to be huge or nothing. Either that or start feeding them and start watering more often.

Hope all goes well and you have a bountiful harvest.

Happy smokin and growin.

7. thanks for the tips man, well today we got a storm and heavy showers so im hoping all is well with them, im going to check up on them tomorrow. hopefully the leaves are looking better !

8. #8 Weight448, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
    heres a vid update.. The back left yellowish one seems strange, Its the healthiest looking one though , tell me what you guys think, went back today watered and gave em some Grow Big nutes..

click
    [​IMG]

9. Well man, I really think that these either need a bigger pot or the root zone has been getting to hot. How hot has it been getting where ever your at.

They dont look to happy, but their is pleanty of time in the season left to turn them around.

Can you get them more space for their root zone? Or cut the bottom of the buckets off and dig the buckets like 4 or 5 inches down? That would work instead of needing to get new pots and all that stuff.

IDK just Ideas, Hopefully we can get this figured out for you.

10. Shit well.. the soil in my buckets are kind of getting low, you think it'd help if I filled them to the top ? It'd be a hassle cutting all the bottoms of the buckets especially in the spot its in.

It's been hot in my area.
    I can always stop at the store and pick something up if I had to also , if theres anything I can grab.

11. #11 WaGreenGuru, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
    Well thats not good lols. Roots for the most part will not grow up as fast as down. They wont spread out as fast untill they hit the bottom of the pot either. But the stem that gets covered with soil will start spitting out roots.

Im sure that they are close to being swirrled on the bottom (if not already swirled). Wait to much longer and it will be rootbound and eventually suffocate itself. Not good man.

Any way you can transplant to bigger pots? It will help with your yeild and the health of your plants so much.

If you cant I would look into possibly like a bonzai tutorial and do a minor root trim and put fresh soil on the bottom of the pot(gonna stunt the plants like a harsh transplant though). THat would be about a bitch but im trying to think of as many options as I can for you.

12. You sure they need some more space dog ?
    I had a few friends who did grows in 5 gal buckets pretty fine, here check this out when you get a chance, he grew up in a tree.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can't find any more harvest picks but I know his was decent, here are one of the nugs before finishing trimmimg

[​IMG]

13. bummmmmmmppp?