Drooping, folded leaves. Over or underwatering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Elfeen, May 1, 2017.

1. Buddy, I know it's small but it's a photo, no need to bully me

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

2. #22 Elfeen, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
    edit

3. He wasn't bro

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lmao, no I know he wasn't

• Like Like x 1
  5. Haha

No judging here!

Currently I've been running autoes so it's all I speak of, and to answer alot of questions I must compare to what I do.

I think your doing fine. Just as an extra measure, when you feed you plant, pick up your fabric pot and give yourself a mental note of how much it weighs. Same when your pot is dry, pick it up, it'll weigh nothing. It's better to dry out your soil before re watering. It allows your roots to stretch for water. Bigger root zone leads to a bigger plant.

Again just giving you my two cents since your in absolute beginners, I apologise if you already knew the above

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. And as freedom said watch your plant and leaves they'll start drooping first before anything, that's your biggest indication.

If my pot is not completely dry, meaning I know it can go an extra day or two, but my leaves look a bit droopy, I'll feed it regardless

7. Okay yeah I'll take everything into account and pay attention to if and why the leaves start drooping. It could just me being a dumbass and worrying about a thirsty plant. I don't know too much about soil growing because I always planned on doing DWC so I'd rather ask people who've done this before

8. Photos almost 24h after a watering and they're all looking much better or at least getting there perked - Copy.jpg

9. Is growth stunted?

10. Not noticeably, no. They're a little smaller than my last attempt but that being said I must've underwatered a good few times now

11. Not noticeably, no. They're a little smaller than my last attempt but that being said I must've underwatered a good few times now

12. Do they look otherwise healthy

13. Look a lot better bro

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks for your help

• Like Like x 1
  15. No prob man always remember less is more lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. For what it's worth, I believe that one of my plants was over watered whilst the others were drooping because they were thirsty. I'm throwing out one of the plants anyway so it'll obviously be the over watered one with the weak stem, but I'm going to dry them out thoroughly regardless because I know under is always better than over. Thank you to everyone who told me it was over watering, I see now that it was on the worst plant though I was more concerned with saving the other two, lmao.

17. You can't prop the stem up on the other and save it?

18. Only have room for a couple plants anyway after I transfer them up. The plant stands up on its own but it flops about lol. Was planning for one of them to die as it's my first go with soil anyway. I'll just use it as a learning opportunity so I know what to look for in the future. Happy with the two I have anyway and they look healthy. Due to be topped soon and a couple days after I do that I want to transfer to their final pots

• Like Like x 1
  19. Right on man good luck. I hope everything is smooth sailing for you from here on out.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I doubt it, buddy but if I try enough times eventually I'll end up with a bit of bud

• Like Like x 1