Drooping Canoeing Problem - Seedings

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Meowlocked, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Hi ladies and gents,

Working on my first grow and it looks like I have a drooping and curling problem. From the photos it looks like a symptoms of both overwatering and heat stress. Am I correct in where I stand?

The seedling is only a week old and the root is barely trying to come through the bottom of the cup, so I don't think it's rootbound just yet as they're only 7 days old.

If my theory is correct about over watering and heat stress, I'm just going to let the soil completely dry out and water in smaller dosages.

FFOF, PH @ 6, LED SolarStorm 440w, Not using Nutes yet. RH ~Flux 30-40, PPM 190

Thanks in advance guys, looking towards your feedback

Attached Files:

2. They aren't root bound still way too small. It does look like some heat stress. What's the temp been at? How close to the LED SolarStorm 440w have they been? Just keep them cooler and go easy on the water for a couple days. Do you have a fan on them? What are you growing them in (closet, box, dresser, basement, ect.) Also don't just water on a schedule, check the soil, put your finger into the pot and see if it's still moist a inch down, feel the weight of the cup. Listen and watch your plants and they will tell you what they need and when.

3. #3 Meowlocked, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
    Hey dude, thanks for the response!

Temp is flux around 83-85, no choice; California has been awful this year. I have an 440cfm Inline fan and a small 6 inch fan osciliating on the inside. To help humidity I have a big water bowl until I can pick up a humidifier. SSW is about 24 inches from the canopy; Grow Box is 3x3x81. Soil is a bit wet still towards the bottom, but the first 2 inches is dry; so another few days for water I think!

4. There is nothing wrong with them, some heat stress.

5. Cheers, I raised the lights another few inches today. Hopefully that will help.