drooping and the claw, among other things.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by lazer420, Jan 8, 2010.

1. So I have uploaded some photos of the issue, and as you can see it doesn't look good.

First off, here is a list of nutes and environmental factors.

- Fox farm grow big 6-4-4 1tsp p/gal. every other watering
    - potting soil with mulch/perlite
    - 2 1/2 months under two t 12 flouro's and a t5
    - 1 1/2 weeks under 1000w HPS aircooled tube style w/wing hood 18/6 light cycle
    - Inline fans 1 for the light, 1 for intake
    - 12" box fan on high
    - evaporative humidifier

These plants have been vegging now for about 2 1/2 -3 months and are only 10" - 16" tall.
    I have done a good amount of pinching and bending in the last month, I think that the t12's may have stunted their growth.
    About a week ago I noticed some drooping, gave em a drink and they perked right up.
    the next day they were droopy again so I wondered if maybe I had over watered. In the morning to my dismay the new growth was pointed at the ground and I thought they were gone. I then watered until it ran out the bottom (not a full flush) and they came back, before drooping again six hours later.

So here's where it gets interesting.
    I had a couple of people say that they may be rootbound so I pulled one out of the container and found no problem. There are roots but not rootbound.

So I checked the ph which was a little high 7.0-7.2
    And the nutes were low

I decided to flush them in hopes of balancing the ph and getting rid of any salt build up.
    At the end of the flush I gave them a dose of thrive alive 1-1-1.

It has been about two days and the photos are what they currently look like.

Top growth is very light green and curled under ("the claw")
    Lower growth is curled under but darker and with a few faded spots on one leaf.
    all top and some lower leaves have ridges between the veins that stand way out
    air circulation is good
    soil temp is 65-72f
    air temp is 65-78f
    humidity is a little low
    light is about 20" from growth tips

some of the new clones I put in the garden are showing signs of the claw and are bright green.

all are different strains
    Old and young.

Any and all Ideas are helpful.
    Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

• yes.jpg
      yes.jpg
      File size:
      107 KB
      Views:
    • yes2.jpg
      yes2.jpg
      File size:
      102.7 KB
      Views:
  2. ive never had good results usin thrive alive........ is there root rot?

3. i would have to go with the ph to start, that will def lock some nutes out, or could be early signs of nute burn.

but to me(from what i can tell in the pics) it looks like over/under watering, but if your humidity is too low and your soil is too damp it could look like the same

4. always heard bad things about it too, specifically if you give b vitamins in too large a dose your plants could turn hermy:(

5. Hey thanks guys, I live in the mountains in colorado so humidity is super low and I have a hard time keeping up. I used the thrive alive 1-1-1 after flushing hoping that after getting the ph and everything back to square 1 that the 1-1-1 would be light enough to help but not too much to harm if they were over board. I have been misting inside the tent today on the walls and top of the hood to try to get the humidity up. I also transplanted into 3 gallon buckets in case they were infact rootbound, which I doubt. The leaves feel kinda leathery, not super dry but just limp and heavy. The new growth today is super slender and the fringe is curling under??? Any ideas on that??
    Thanks again, let me know if you have anything else for me. I also moved the light up about 10".

6. Also, I'm thinking about watering with hydrogen peroxide to help with Oxygen uptake. What are your thoughts??

7. I would GUESS,...rootbound but I think this one might be beyond me. I'm going to link this to Myles, he might be able to help. Good luck bud.

8. joe fresh shares my opinion. Droopy foliage from under or overwatering and the rest is prob ph related. The flush should help that. :)

9. You can add a little to the H2O (I do, sometimes), but peroxide will burn the roots if its too strong.