drooping 1:9

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by fenabar, Mar 13, 2013.

1. I have 9 girls in an rDWC. First week of 12-12. FN 1 part bloom. Floralisous, 80F 25RH (I mist) 6.4 820tds. Greenhouse.

Started yesterday late afternoon. Only one is drooping.

Attached Files:

2. Help pls, she's going down fast

3. What's 6.4, not ph i hope.

4. You could be over feeding them by misting, I have done that. Looks really sad /stressed though man, not sure other than if 6.4 is your PH, you should probably drop it down lower being in DWC. Hope you figure it out. :\

5. Ya. Drop 6.4 to 5.8 stop misting.

6. With it this dry here I mist with ro...how would that over feed it?

Yes, I usually bring my Ph to >5.4 then let it drift up to <6.5. I was told for nute availability it is better to let it do this.

The numbers I gave were a snapshot. Then I broke my stem in my bong and by the time I got back from the head shop it was dark time. I'll adjust the Ph and reinspect in the AM

7. They are getting to much water through the absorption of their leaves.

8. Head-desk oh, ok...and I saw her drooping, thought she was hot and sprayed her. That started a vicious cycle it seems and explains why it is the only one in the system drooping.

Ty

9. looks like either over watering, or not getting enough oxygen
    make sure its getting enough light and point a fan towards it, could also be nutrient lockout, try a flush with florakleen but if you suspect its over watering wait till it dries a bit and you can feel that the pot is lighter

10. What he said

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using GC Forum

11. RDWC, kind of hard to over water, unless you also spray the leaves =-O

12. That's what he did, misted the plant to "cool it down".

13. Well here's the good news, she is recovering nicely.

14. Good to hear

15. WHAT?!?!?!?!? this is hydro!!! :)

16. not true at all! :)

17. Explain, what is not true? That DWC can't be over watered, or that missing over waters them?

18. #18 Ace420, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2013

"overwatering" in hydro is actually "under oxygenating". Roots arent meant to be sitting in water all the time and DWC REALLY pushes this boundary between feeding the roots and drowning them. You may have noticed the most successfull DWC setups use a LOT of bubbles. This increases dry time on roots and allows for the healthy exchange (especially at night time when roots use oxygen).

Its kindof like if you were eating but sitting inside the bowl of soup. The soups great but its kindof hard to breathe :) Many plants drown in the soup :D

19. You can over water in dwc. If you don't have enough bubbles in the bucket making oxygen you can over water them.