Drone Caught On Tape Over Austin

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by caught1naction, Mar 16, 2013.

1. I dont really get why some people hate Alex Jones.... I personally am happy that there is someone who is out there looking for the truth and trying to show it to the people not many people like these nowadays.... the only reason I see is because perhaps some people just dont want to accept the truth?

2. Well, for starters: His show not real news, it's commentary that he puts his own spin on. He's a conspiracy nut that thinks the govt is behind every tragedy. He's a rude, loudmouth, classless, fear mongering bully.
    I'll just wait here for you to defend him, but really this is just my opinion... I know why you like him, and I won't challenge it. You asked!

3. I think this was Alex just fucking around again, like his other joke videos

4. Come one guys, this video looks so staged. Daniel Sunjata is an actor, and it looks like he's giving another performance right here. He says he is "freaking out" cause of the drone, but is smiling the whole length of the video.

Also nobody has been able to answer the question of whether this is a civilian drone, or military. Dont military drones fly hundreds, if not thousands of feet in the air? You could throw a football at that thing and knock it down.

Also, this is Info Wars. Their "credibility" goes hand in hand with my statement about this whole thing being staged.

5. The military and police have small drones similar to this as well as the predators and others that fly high.

6. Clearly a civilian drone, maybe if the local police starts buying these things like crazy it'd be an issue but this is clearly not a military drone. It looks like a parody video honestly. But to be safe i better shoot down that air hawks plane flying around my neighbors house whenever the kids come outside

7. It totally is an invasion of privacy.

But how different is it from people taking pictures/video of a public event? Or the cameras we see in restaurants and stores or shopping malls and the speeding cameras we see on the roads? If it were to linger on me, I'd be pissed. That's spying on me. If it's more just taking in the general scene, I don't give a shit.

If I were to be chilling in my backyard and one comes hovering next to me, I'm not sure legally if it would be okay to bitch slap it to the ground, but I'd be very tempted. If it just flew over my house there's not much that I can do. Nor would I care. But if it lingers I'd be very upset.

8. It's just a little too 1984-ish for me. People taking pictures and shooting video in public is one thing, constant surveillance of an area is another. How long will it be until they start setting up camera systems in wooded areas and such?

9. #49 xpixiex, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2013
    Right, but how do you stop it? Constant surveillance will probably happen in a majority of public places in the US just like the UK. We can only hope that wooded areas won't be watched, mainly because I like to have sex in the great outdoors. It's fantastic!

Back on topic, there are some pretty cool benefits to using these things. I'm not sure how the first 3 in this list work, but the rest seem pretty neat. Search and rescue sounds very helpful. Same with real estate inspection.

Interesting QuadCopter Uses?

You go to a sports game and you're being watched by a blimp... Why not a quad/hexa?/octo copter?

10. I'm not saying there aren't useful situations for this type of technology, but a constant surveillance of the area as well as the country is dangerous. Of course people who don't commit crimes are generally unaffected, but what happens when they make stricter laws making criminals out of more and more people and surveillance gets tighter and tighter until you are completely suffocated? If one were to ever hover over my house I would shoot it down no matter the charge.

11. I agree with the message, but Info Wars is not a reliable source for ANYTHING. The most biased site out there

12. Shhh... they really don't like to hear that.:rolleyes:

13. as far as im concerned there has been drones over every major city for a while now...........nothing new really......

14. I don't see privacy getting any more private with the advancement of technology. The only way I can think of helping the situation is for the citizens to ban governmental use of drones except when Little Timmy is lost in the woods or other neutral stuff. Otherwise it invades on the average citizens privacy.

Our own minds aren't even safe.

The airport security scanner that can read your mind | Mail Online

Quite frankly, we're heading down an excitingly scary road. Hopefully things turn out for the best.:D

Also, I'm going to ask my local police department if it's okay to fly over neighbors houses to get to the nearby woods.;) Maybe I'll just ask my neighbors directly. I'm sure they'll understand.

15. Is it real?

I don't know. It doesn't seem real?

They show it for 7 or 8 seconds.. They could have recorded for so much longer. Is there anymore videos? Wouldn't people be pulling out their cell phones.. This would be viral.. at least, I imagine.

Just seem like people are too casual for having a government issued drone taking pictures of them...?

16. If its hovering over your house, shoot the fucking thing down, how are you to know who's the remote pilot...it could be anyone, your boss, doing a flyby to see if you were really "sick today"

I'd go to court and win....if I'm not absolutely aware that these are government controlled drones, I'm shooting them down until they tell me otherwise and with that comes a much larger social discussion.
    That's why I would love to be the 1st one to go against it, in the supreme court.
    I'm really stoned......

17. Oh, it's for real real.

Is it G.I? No one seems to know. I doubt it but it's possible. I think it's important to note that these quad/hexa/octo copter 'drones' can easily become weaponized. It's kind of alarming, yet cool.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPJMk2fgJU]Prototype Quadrotor with Machine Gun! - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZjf5iPQ7pY]R/C Quadcopter With Airsoft Glock 17 - YouTube[/ame]

18. Scary shit. ^^

19. #59 One Truth, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2013
    i was there in austin.
    part of sxsw