Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dronabinol usage.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by TopLamp, May 15, 2013.

1.  Hello, I'm 100% new to this forum and im for sure on the younger side. I have a rare case of Gastro Paresis. It has led me to miss 3 years of school. I recently got an Enterra device installed into my abdomen. It was supposed to help with my horrific nuasea, pain, and vomiting. But it hasn't done as much as i expected it to do. I was given dronabinol to take for the nuasea and vomiting. I was very hesitent to try it as i had never been exposed to any sort of narcotic. After a while I tried it and didnt feel any side affects or any improvement. I became frustrated at it and after a week of consistantly taking it. I know i should be more careful with these things, but i upped the dose slightly myself somewhere around 9PM. I didn't think much of it as i knew that overdosing on THC was close to a myth and my dose was already low to begin with. Towards 11PM I began to feel side affects. I was in the middle of a StarCraft game when my arms felt as if they werent connected to my body. After the match was over I began to panic a little, I was sure i hadnt taken to much (ive heard of people taking 4 pills at a time). It was not a bad feeling and after around 15 minutes i began to enjoy myself, I couldnt think of something to worry about, nor could i find anything to be sad about. The "High" lasted for around 3 hours the first time it happened. I started to take the dranbinol "As needed", which really ment every day. The "High" began to last longer and longer each time. By the time it seemed to stop going up i was expeirencing the high for close to 5 hours. After a few weeks of this i became almost annoyed with it, I had horrific symtoms from my condition which were helped hugely by a drug that makes me loopy for 5 hours of the day. This has become a problem for my school work that i am required to do. Anyways my questions are: Will this have any long term  affects? Will there be a withdraw phase if i am taken off of it?. If there is anything you want to know from my personal expeirence please ask. 
    Thanks,
    Zach :)

2. No and no.

The main problem with dronabinol is that it is not buffered by the other cannabinoids and terpenes in the cannabis plant. At least you haven't experienced the intense paranoia that many users report.

Try taking it at bed time. Hopefully you can sleep through the effects.