Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"dro"

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Fuckeroni, Apr 28, 2010.

1. im sooooo fucking tired of stupid dealers trying to pass off bud as "dro" as if thats the strain. dro means hydro, and in no way expresses what type of weed it is. the reason im saying this is because 2 guys i know just got into an argument because guy 1 sold guy 2 some "dro" which was supposedly not very good, and guy 2 is saying this means it cant be dro. ...again, implying that its a strain. fuck youuuu!!!

i know lots of people have probably expressed this already, i just needed to vent, and hear some other people complain about the same thing, cuz we already know thats what makes us feel better. lol.

2. its not all about strain names really i admit it, i call shit dro when some green is extra fire and i have no idea what else to call it.
    the way these hooligans see it nowadays is dank=dro

3. yeah, it annyoes me i try to explain shit to my frieands and they at frist didnt respect it then now everone says i went to weed college lol and ask me everthing about weed rofl

4. i can see where your coming from with the people who label "dro" as a strain or another word for dank , and yes it does mean hyrdoponics , but then at the same time guy 2 saying it cant be "dro" could imply that he is saying it aint hydroponically grown , its not hard to tell the difference.
    dunno just stoned
    either way dro = hydroponics

5. aww man, dont do that. cuz then they tell their friends its dro, and those friends tell friends, etc. its how false info gets spread.

if anything tell them its some t-bone. lol.

6. You also use words like "fire" :rolleyes:

Hearing misappropriated words makes me want to smack a bitch. Especially when I hear someone say something like "all we got in *insert town here* is straight dro homie"

7. #7 Fuckeroni, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2010
    nah, trust me these guys are no connoisseurs to bud, he thought dro meant good shit. i guess he must have got some hydroponically grown reggies. lmao.

dro is one thing, but i wouldnt really say "fire" is a misappropriated word. its just a common term that refers to some good bud. do you think "dank" is misappropriated, too? because ive heard the most knowledgeable tokers use that before...

8. Dro makes me think hydroponic, and I really don't give a fuck if it's hydro or not as long as it's good.

And fire makes me think of cocaine, not weed at all.

9. I let a couple people read a GC story that had the words "Dank" in it. They thought it was suppose to be "Dro". im like "no, there 2 different things"
    I hate when people say dro, nobody around here even grows like that

10. That pisses me off and also when people call good buds kush.

11. 'Fire' is an obnoxious word and makes you sound like you've been smoking for 3 weeks. The only people that I've ever run across that use the word 'fire' also use 'dro' as 'dank'. Weed isn't 'fire', it's dank.

12. Hahaha locally all outdoor weed is called "dro" Pisses me off man.

13. Sounds like you live close to me. (If I remember from your journal, it's sorta close.)

14. for stoners, you all are so fucking lenient.

15. what's the problem, it's dro not cess or "outdoor". lots of 'high school' and imported (overseas) shit is outdoor grown

16. this is a bit different, at least kush is known to be good bud. not all good bud is kush, so its still misinformation, but at least it gives you the general idea. but any strain can be grown hydroponically, and technically it would be dro.

17. i hear ya. but all of them word are no good.

dro - is just wrong

fire - sounds immature

dank - grr thats just not what the word means. clammy: unpleasantly cool and humid; "a clammy handshake"; "clammy weather"; "a dank cellar"; "dank rain forests"

so yea i'm not sure what word you should use. I say "good shit" or "50 bud" (cuz here good shit usually goes for 50). i'm not really sure whats best to say.

people aren't going to stop saying shit wrong. so i guess it doesn't really matter.

18. maybe true, but i still reserve the right to bitch about it. :D

19. i get what you guys are saying but really its not that big of a deal. look at it this way, you arent going to get rid of stupid people, so at least with having people use the word "dro" inappropriately you are able to pick out the stupid ones from the smart ones.

like "hey, that guy said this outdoor was dro. hes an idiot. maybe i should hang out with more educated people."

but i would not try to extend that theory to other words like "fire" "killer bud" "kine bud" "kb" or any other words that are adjectives that appropriately describe good bud. a lot of smart people i know use these words to mix up the vocab. i believe we call this a little bit of "fun."

20. this is exactly what i was pointing out before, with words like "fire" and "dank" and as someone also said, "kush" being used to describe good bud in general. maybe not entirely accurate, but definitely not misleading.