driving without a license

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by overgrowray, Apr 7, 2010.

1. anyone here drive with out a license on a regular basis?

i been driving pretty often since i was 15-16.

i'm about to turn 24, and i've never had my license. there's no real reason for me not to. other than not being able to afford insurance, and i have bad anxiety. For a while in my area you had to take your drivers test with a cop, and that just freaked me out. I don't think they do that anymore. But the DMV really messes with my anxiety, i always made up an excuse to put off going until later. Then later never comes, just more excuses.

i live out in the woods, theres a lot of places i can go just using back roads, so i never really worried about it before. Now i'm looking for work again though, and i'm traveling farther and farther in search of a job. So i'm working on getting it now. i've risked my ass long enough i suppose.

2. Yeah bro i would deffinetly just go for it and at least attempt to get your license.

If you have been driving for that long without a license, you should be able to do the test automatically.

Just smoke a spliff and go take the test, I remember i was high as hell and sweatin bullets and I passed it with only 1 point taken off for forgetting a turn signal.

3. Wow! That's a long time to go without a license, Just so you don't get in trouble with the po po's you should be gettin that shit.

I've been driving on expired registration for almost a year now. Just haven't really gotten around to fixin her up yet.

4. yea getting my license is my main goal this summer. i never thought about it much before, it was just last week that it hit me that its been so long.

i just thought maybe i wasn't the only one, but i guess so. i know its pretty stupid, but i was wondering anyways.

5. you can make a dmv appointment online, it's easy as fuck. just do it man, you don't wanna get in an accident without insurance or something

6. I know a lot of people who drive without a license, or tags, or any sort of inspection...I know people who drive lawn mowers everywhere. But most of them have had a license at some point, and had it revoked.

7. Ive never driven without a license, in my area you get your car impounded for a month automatically if you are caught with no license first offence.

Really if you can't afford to pay insurance and licensing fee's you cant afford to drive, if you crash you will have to foot the bill which could be pretty damn big if someone gets hurt or you hit an expensive car. My mate is about to go to jail for getting in an accident while unlicensed, he was at fault and a kid in the other car got seriously injured because he wasnt wearing his seat belt and now he is stuck with a 6 figure bill or jail

8. I've been driving without license for many years... when the cops pull you over and ask for the license, I just say I don't have it, and give him some money. Like, less than 10 US dollars. Then they let you go with a salute.

But this one time... I crashed my car into the car in front of me, and then another car crashed into my ass, so I was sandwiches between two cars.

Long story short, I was the biggest loser in that accident because I didn't have the license. Every fault was dumped on me coz I'm the guy without a license.

AFter that, I went to get my license. Took me less than 3 hours. I wonder why I didn't do it before...

9. my dad taught me to drive around the age of 8 or 9 in his 3 speed pickup. i was his dd from the time i could hold a steady position in the road. we were never caught but i lost my learner's permit for driving him home after he got drunk, but i was also speeding. i also used to borrow my parents' car/truck from time to time to go pick up weed/friends as i too live out in the middle of nowhere.

but if you're gonna make it a steady thing, driving to work daily, get your license. probability may just kick you in the ass.

good luck.

10. I understand the anxiety part, I know the DMV sucks ass. But it's going to be worth it when that day comes (and it will come) that you either get pulled over or have an accident. The test really isn't that bad, epsessially if you're an experienced driver, and it sounds like you are.

I had my license suspended for 30 days and drove without it, and I could barely pay attention to the road I was so nervous.

11. maybe im just high as balls but if you dont have a licence and you dont have any other id?? ( i dunno maybe u do) but that would be hard to go fucking anywhere i mean they have checked my drivers license when i use my debit card. Also they have always checked my id at the airport so have u never like left your state?

12. In australia atleast if you dont have a license or your license gets suspended you get a proof of age card instead once your 18, and you can use this at the airport, getting into clubs and bars etc.. Its basically the same as a license but it doesnt entitle you to drive a car (obviously) and I'm sure america would have something similar

13. Getting a license isnt just for others safety, its also for yours.

If you cause an accident you're fucked...If somone hits you, you're fucked.

depending on your state laws, insurance may not be mandatory, but in many cases it is, driving is a privilege, not a right.

yeah insurance costs an arm and a leg...but not as much as having an arm or a leg fixed after an accident (medical bills are insane, I got rear ended one time, cost for having xrays done to make sure no disks were slipped/no injuries...3 thousand dollars, I didnt pay a penny thank god)

unfortunently, youre driving ability alone wont ensure you wont get pulled over/in a car accident, and without a license the penalties far outweigh the cost of a license/insurance

and dammit that E30 looks nice

14. yea before when i drove it wasn't like everyday, but it was more often that i should of. but yea i here ya. thats why i'm pushin myself now cuz it is more of a steady thing

i did get an ID years ago, its expired now. i've rarely ever used it. because of my anxiety i don't buy things often, i give friends/family cash and ask them to. when i do buy things i use cash. i've had bank accounts in the past, but i have never used a debit card or check book. i just went in and got my cash out.

I've never been in a plane or anything. I've been out of the state, but not far, always took a car.

oh i know for sure. i have no real excuse. i guess i've always been just too depressed to care about the outcome.

thanks again everybody

15. I waited to get my license due to anxiety as well. I only waited til I was 18 though. But I was able to take my test at a private driving school. Which was about a billion times less strict and nerve-wracking than the dmv test would've been. It cost me an extra 40$ to take it at the private school, but I passed when I wouldn't have passed at the DMV. They give you a paper saying you passed, and then you've gotta go to the dmv and give it to them to actually get your license. But if I had to do it over again, I'd definitely choose the private school over the dmv to take the test.
    I dunno if other states are like that, but it's worth a try!

16. In my 20's I backed into a car in a parking lot and never went to court. My license was suspended and I still drove almost 7 years with out a license. I eventually got busted. Like the next day I got a letter from the SOS to go get my SR22 insurance and take a the driving test. By the time court rolled around I had my license and insurance. The judge looked at me the paperwork and said nothing.

Thank you. Have a great day!

17. I need to get mine, until then I'll just drive my sisters car and try not to get pulled over

18. yea i did that once. didnt even have a permit, and the car i was driving didnt have a registration sticker so it wasnt legal to drive, and according to my sister if you went over 40 you lost some control.

(didnt know any of that at the time)

just glad i didnt fucking kill anyone