Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Driving while Baked

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by R.I.P.O.D.B.420, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Just wanna know how y'all feel about driving stoned?
    does it make you more concentrated or impair you?
    I've heard many say both and i just had a weird experience with my homie driving semi erratically after smoking a bowl
    but i've also been in the car with people smoking and the driver was fine and blazed as the rest of us.

2. Its fun as hell IMO :D

3. me and all my boys drive high and most of us are good drivers high/sober

4. I drive fine when im baked. I just know that if i fuck up, people could die, so i dont fuck up haha. Just concentrate as u normally would and dont do stupid shit like text, and have someone else control the music and you'll b fine

5. everybody is different - i almost died because my fuckn idiot friend who was driving got too stoned, starting veering into oncoming traffic on the freeway at 85 mph. I woulda been a goner. i never talk to this kid anymore needless to say, but for some reason i can drive high a lot better than if I wasnt

i get really bad road rage and when i smoke and drive, I dont drive as fast and im not as aggressive or angry when people do stupid things on the road. however, i wouldnt recommend it for everyone.

6. I feel as though it is safer and easier to drive straight when baked than shit face. I have actually been told by some of my freinds that I drive with alot alot that I drive better when I'm high. Maybe it's because I am more cautious but I don't really know. But if you are gonna drive high, you gotta make sure you are smart about it. You can't be joking around and shit, you gotta completly focus on what you are doing which is driving. What I usually do is tag team drive. I pay attention to steering And driving straight, and my friend watchs the speed and the road to make sure I don't miss anything important. One time I wasn't paying attention and ended up going 35 in the providence place mall parking lot. So make sure you focus and don't get distracted which can be really hard.
    Buttttt.....This is just my two cents, others may feel completly differnt

7. im a more relaxed driver when im baked or have been toking. dont speed much at all, dont really pass cars, just chill to some tunes.

one of my friends is a horrible driver baked, any time im riding shotgun i swear im driving the car more then he is. just hold the wheel while he tokes

8. I could complete an obstacal course driving after blazing. Idk why but i can enjoy my high and still obey all the traffic rules (i do catch myself driving too slow from time to time :smoking: ).

9. I love driving while blazed. Once I got pulled over while blazed and the cop didn't even notice (just checked my insurance and let me off with a warning for speeding - even though I wasn't speeding; I figure it was just his excuse to pull me over since it was 3am at the time, but I didn't get a ticket so whatever I'm not too bothered lol). Other than that time whenever I drive high it's pretty much like driving sober, except I enjoy the music way more =P.

10. A drunk driver will miss a stop sign and possibly hit and kill someone.

A high driver will stop at the stop sign and wait for it to turn green.

:)

11. This my freind, is very true

12. When I'm really fucking stoned, I'm like "nahhh dude, I'm not straight to drive"...
    But when I actually get in the driver seat and start cruising, it's like I don't want to stop driving :)

13. I'm sorry, but this is one of those times where I tend to draw the line. Too many close friends and family affected by DUI, and yes, for the record, I include weed in that definition too.

All of you can judge how good a high driver you are about as good as you can judge how long 7.5 minutes is after hitting a gram of dank. In other words, you fucking can't. You're high. Doing anything involving heavy machinery at highway speeds is insane, and you're kidding yourself if you think you can "control" it when it's bad enough on the roads while sober. It's the exact same mistake thousands of people make every year driving drunk, and unfortunately, you don't and won't realize just how bad a high driver you really are until you seriously hurt yourself or someone else.

There are so many other things you can do after getting baked that do not involve 2 tons of steel. And while you can spew your MMJ rhetoric all you want about the benefits of the almighty herb and how "no one has ever died", the real truth of the matter is there is at least one statistic out there that can show many deaths in relation to MJ use is the statistic that involves getting high and driving.

Alright, I'm off my soapbox now. You're gonna do what you wanna do anyway, all I'm saying is really think about it next time. If you did ever injure an innocent person, or God forbid take someone elses life in an accident, was THAT high really worth a lifetime of living with your mistake?

14. #14 Goldmine, Mar 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2010
    people who arent used to being high all the time definitley should NOT drive high. im comfortable with it but like someone said its bc i know the stakes are high and i tend to be less aggressive and more careful(not always the case) bc i KNOW my senses arent completely intact, AND ive been doing it for long time. im not fooling myself into thinking i drive better high, or even that its safe.

i do love it, theres nothing like listening to loud music and cruising to work while high. and i know that im driving safe(usually) and that im not a threat to anyone, so its not like i feel bad about doing it bc its dangerous...more like bc its unnecessary.

its too risky and im going to stop . im not saying you should all stop, im just too fucking paranoid about driving and i know im overdue for some kind of shit unless im really careful PLUS i need to cut back anyway so that im smoking only a time or two per week, and in that case id be getting too stoned to even THINK about driving.

again i think its fine for seasoned tokers who are used to being high and are actively avoiding trouble ie not fucking around with the stereo or racing around or whatever. bc you really have to be sooo careful. it only takes one time, some asshole runs a redlight and you didnt see him in time so you pull out in front of him and now you have no legs, or youre being stupid and racing a red light and some shit happens, or a kid runs out in front of you and you hit him and now he has no legs, and even though it was totally his fault, youre fucked bc his parents have a very expensive attorney.

those scenarios could just as easily happen to a straight edger i guess....

allll im saying is that we alll need to be extremely careful, thats all

15. I used to be the shittiest high driver but now im like a pro and its mad fun.

16. I would say that driving while high hurts the "greater cause" of legalization. It shows irresponsibility, which is an argument for keeping it illegal.
    Just my opinion tho.

17. I drive high almost everyday and I don't feel like its much harder I just have to focus more on the road... kinda lose my concentration sometimes while listening to music and looking around lol

18. i feel like its kind of childish to be like " i can drive baked off my ass fine" its semi-irresponsible, but on the other hand i can drive after smoking a few bowls of dank, in fact in certain times i can actually focus better. i went to the majority of my drivers education classes and driving tests high though, so iv been doing it since day 1:cool:.

anyways, the way i feel about it is it comes down to the person, for me no problem. there is only 1 or 2 times where i have been too high to drive, and those times i was too high to even move haha. But if any of you do drive high please drive safe and be smart about whats going on around you. :wave:

19. I am very used to being high and I can drive while high without a problem.

However, it NEVER leaves my mind that if I do so I am DUI. If a little kid chases their ball into the street, will my reaction time be enough to brake or swerve?

That is the case with a lot of drunk drivers as well: sure, "you drive fine" but when something unexpected happens can you deal with it as well as you could sober? Unexpected lane closures, detours, street lights burnt out, etc. can all require quick responses.

20. i find my self being ALOT more relaxed letting everyone infront of me not speeding..

when im sober i get extremely badd roadrage and i love to speed(having a half decen't car doesn;t help this either)

so when im high i save money on gas(premium!!) and the long commute home is alott more chilllllls esp on fridays