Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

driving high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Gorguts, Mar 25, 2009.

1. hey guys I wanted to know if anyone here drives high. I am still not a very good driver because of inexperience. I have my own car but just started driving. I drove high today and it really really sucked. I can not drive high it seems. Dont think ill do it again but does anyone have tips? I was just high didnt have any weed on me...

2. It sucks, i have a motorbike and fuck trying to ride high lol

3. yeah man. thank god I have no scratches (that I can see) on my car. I didnt get in shit with anyone and didnt hit anything ahah. Driving high is rough I think.

4. I wouldn't risk it.

People I have smoked with in the past were all comfortable driving high but the few times I tried I didn't do too well. I can definitely see myself bumping into a parked car or something sometime if I keep doing it.

Although I did try smoking and driving recently and it went just fine but I was only a bit buzzed, not high.

There's no real tips for this. Either you can drive while high or you can't. I wouldn't take the chance if I wasn't sure I can drive

5. #5 TheFlyinBurrito, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
    when i had a car, the only reason i drove it was to get high. i never got pulled over during that time

edit.. nor have i gotten in any wrecks or minor things.

6. I'm terrible at driving high, I can't focus on the road at all and I get annoyed by the other drivers...of course I've only been driving a year and I'm Asian so that might be it too :p

7. Dont do it. Just dont. If you dont know if you can, then dont risk it. I do drive high. I love driving high, but I learned on the backroads where no one ever is. Looking back it was a bad decision but I was the only one with a car...

8. #8 therealbman, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
    I drive high all the time. But I'm also a very careful driver. I rarely speed, never high, and I make sure to pay attention to the road too. The only thing I could see being a problem for me is it gets hard for me to judge distances. So things off far away like a stop sign or a road I'm trying to turn on might seem closer or farther away then I thought. But I've also learned to control myself when this happens and it usually doesn't happen anymore unless I want it to. Like when I'm really baked I trip myself out to this by imagining the stop sign or whatever it is farther away than it is and it always seems like I'm not getting any closer to it. Obviously not close to anyone and luckily living in Ohio I only do it on back roads away from everyone and everything.

I would say for anyone to try not and drive high because it can be dangerous but most people who are experienced with driving and smoking won't really have a problem.

9. I drive high every day and have got pulled over like once for talking on the phone, but if you don't think your good at it then don't do it because if you get pulled over and look high as fuck, which you probably do because you cant drive in the first place, then you could get a dui and thats no good. So just give it a little time.

10. driving lifted is different and you have to start on neighborhood streets but if you're comfortable enough doing do it. i drove home from school lifted and it was real nice and relaxing. i can do it in pretty much and situation on the road and have done it new/awkward situations like when i was driving upstate on 17 and my friend flips a L and sprinkled some has in there, my first time somking hash, so we going about 60 and then after maybe one round the traffic slows to a complete stop so of course my 1st reaction is to panic but it was quickly suppressed by K tellin me to chill and realizng no cops a round us so iit was cool:smoking: and now after doing it enough i enjoy it

11. i drive high all the time no big deal

12. Don't drive high if you're not good at it. Wait till you're more experienced with driving AND with smoking. Then it'll be more normal/fun.

13. i deff agreee with the above it just depends on how much and long you've been smoking and driving. if your not comfortable shoot even confident driving high dont cause its still a dui if u get in a lil fender bender and they find out your high

14. I used to smoke in my car all the time before a cop stoped me. By the grace of god he dident do or say anything but I knew by the look on his face it was not worth doing again.

15. practice on roads where there aren't many people. and at first, i would say have someone in the car with you to keep you in check, lol. that's always helped me.

16. to be honest i think i can drive just as good as i would drive sober. maybe now that ive smoked for a while now. just not a good everyday thing.

17. Some people just aren't as good at it. Me personally, I am fucking horrible driving high. Last time I was taking my little 4 speed around my neighborhood and had my entire left leg out the window. It was stupid.

18. Honestly just pay as much attention as you can. its alot worse if your driving with other high ppl cus they will say somthing funny or intresting and you will lose focus. this sounds lame but what i do is make a game out of it i just try really hard to follow all the laws(either that the marijuana ones lol) and just stay focust and see how well i can do!!.

19. practice makes perfect freind, just count on the other drivers to avoid you until you get good.

20. i dont do it ever, or get in the car with a high driver