Driving from Cali to Oregon

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by vertyk, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Hi,

I have to drive out of Cali state to Oregon soon and wondered what the deal was with travelling, I'm driving which I guess makes things easier but I would prefer not to get in any trouble.

I have a ca medi card. Can I drive with items in my trunk? If so is there a limit, what happens if I'm away for 2 weeks and need more than the allowed amount in my car?

Another question would be, could I purchase enough once I arrive in Oregon instead of travelling with it?

Sorry if this is straight forward, I haven't traveled with my medibles yet and would prefer to try and do things by the 'book' :)

Thanks!

2. #2 WubbaLubbaDubDub, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2015
    I don't know the full legality of crossing the state lines but in Oregon you can only have up to an ounce on you in public, even if you're driving I think... at home you can have up to 8 ounces. Those are the rules for age 21+ recreational weed, without having a OMMP card

3. Thank you! I'll take a read of those links, really appreciate you taking the time :)

4. no matter what was legal where you bought it, it is federally illegal to transport weed across state lines, even if it is legal in the state you're traveling to/from. Just to get that out of the way.

That said if you obey the one ounce rule in OR you shouldn't get any trouble from cops.

5. You prob will barely see any cops on that stretch. Riding dirty has gotta be easier in Cali.

6. One ounce in car, not sure how they treat dirty glass though

7. Thank you, how would you measure if it's edible/s?

8. #10 Everythingshazy, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
    To be safe, why don't you just travel with nothing, and purchase rec weed in Oregon, if/where it is legal?

9. #11 *guest, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    It is legal here but there are no stores that sell it yet. In October, medical dispensaries will be allowed to sell up to a quarter ounce to recreational buyers. They're supposed to take care of all the regulations and start getting stores opened by mid-late 2016.

So OP... I mean obviously if you get pulled over in either state, just don't say something stupid like "yeah I'm just crossing state lines with a bunch of pot".

You know you're fine in CA. Once you cross into Oregon, you're legally allowed to have up to an ounce on your person. If you have more than that, do what you'd do in an illegal state (but with slightly less stress). Keep it in the trunk, all in the same bag/container so it doesn't look like you're selling, try not to do anything that would get you pulled over, and try not to do anything that would give them a reason to search you.

Southern Oregon can be iffy. Lot of massive weed grows down there but the possibility for a lot of asshole hick cops too. Be safe, but don't be too paranoid. Most cops aren't too concerned with weed at this point unless you give them a reason to be.

10. Thank you Jane. My only difficulty at this stage is figuring the amount in possession when it is formed into edibles? I don't see any specifics within the ingredients. Would there be a way to work this out?

11. Nothing has been said about edibles outside of the home.

You can have 16 oz of edibles in the home, don't think they are concerned with outside the house.

Basically if you don't give anyone a reason to complain then nobody gives a shit here

12. And that's 16 oz "solid form" no limit on amount of bud used to make said solid form edible