Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Driving Cross County with Bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Bud Buddington, Feb 25, 2012.

1. I am soon going to be driving cross country to move from LA to NJ. I will be taking I-40 most of the way. I am going to have a bit less than an once of bud and a pipe with me. I plan to do a little smoking and driving in CA, Nevada, and maybe Arizona. But when I get near Albuquerque and Texas, everything is going to be in the trunk, packed along with all the normal household stuff that I am bringing for the move. I am particularly worried about driving though Texas. I have heard that some of the interstates near the border like I-10 have mandatory stops where dogs sniff every car. My route on I-40 is not near the border, but I am wondering if anyone out there has taken I-40 between CA and Texas and has any advice. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. as long as its not reaking and you pass the 30 second test you should be good. do your best to blend in and cooperate with all traffic laws. once you get it all stashed away just try to forget about it.

3. Lol well glad your comin to NJ. Always good to have a new toker in the garden state. As for the bud try to blend it in with watever else is in your car. Maybe buy a windex or gatordade bottle stash can. And u cood prob plan your route to bypass texas anyways. Good luck dude

4. Personally, I am paranoid as a mofo with it in my car on long drives so be careful. I won't even smoke it in the car while driving with it. The only exception is driving around Chicago with a nice bowl since there are basically no cops because they are all stationed in the ghetto and/or don't give a rats fuck.

I go buy in MI because the greenery SUCKS and is overpriced in Chicago. I usually buy a zip or 2 and drive them back here. I guess I freak out about it more because I-94 is patrolled hard for "drugs" because it is apparently one of the largest transport highways in the US.

Good luck and safe travels! :smoke:

5. I would shoot up to Interstate 80 East and avoid Texas altogether.

6. I drove florida to texas with bud and a bong and I had no trouble at all. I took I-75 to 275 or 225 or something like that and then down I-45 with smooth sailing. Just don't go more than 5 over the speed limit and if you do speed more, don't go faster than the traffic around you and you'll be fine. Granted florida to texas isn't half as far as your trip

7. Why bother smoking and driving? Wait til you hit a hotel for the night. I know it's boring, but why risk it? I bet if you get busted, the first thing you'll say is "I wish I hadn't done that".

8. your moving from cali to NJ ? isnt that a downgrade ?!

9. Thanks for all of the great advice! Maybe I will just avoid Texas. Crispy21 thanks for the welcome! I was born and raised in the garden state, its where I started smokin bud, I'm moving back after living in CA for 4 years. ChiCity420, I know what you mean, most places I'm paranoid, except select spots.

Hey Ratio, possible dumb question but what is the 30 second test?

One more question. On I-40 around Texas, should I only worry about being pulled over, or are there established spots where all cars are stopped?

Thanks again everyone!

10. HaHa wizzardboi it is definitively a downgrade when you consider that I have a doctors recommendation to buy, smoke and grow bud in the state of CA, and I live within walking distance to several dispensaries. But the wife and I both have all of our friends and family back in NJ and she wanted to go back. But we would both love to move back way down the road.

Thanks xMegadethx, makes me feel a little better!

jc259 great advice, really can't argue with that!

11. why would you move to NJ?

12. ^^ Lol you mad at Jersey bro? OP I would do what the other poster suggested take I80 it will lead you to I95 in North NJ .. I've done that trip twice with no issues, having a personal stash of about a quater in the cabin of my truck, which was consumed thru the whole trip. Good luck w your move and I would bring a nice supply cause I'm sure your familiar with the prices and strict illegality of buds out here ..

13. Good luck! If I'm driving, especially over state lines, I get paranoid about toking on the road and assume if I were to get pulled over they could tell. But not to say we haven't ever taken a blunt on the road, but usually deep within the state (so there wouldn't immediately be the over state lines accusation hopefully). I've heard nasty things about Texas and it's green rules :x