Driving 100+ Miles Per Hour

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by pocket biscuits, Jan 30, 2012.

1. hit 122 in my base civic the other morning

2. Panels about to fly offf, death wobble like a skate board and all!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. 20180503_184114-333.jpg
    Stock 1914 Ford Model T Roadster Pickup
    It's all relative.
    I took a dragster driver for a spin in this and he said he never felt Less Safe in anything with wheels as he did in this contraption. I hit near top speed (45mph) and he was...... Very uncomfortable. LMAO
    RIP Junkyard Ed......

What did he call it... An overpowered child's highchair on roller-skates with no brakes.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. 45 on one of those feels like 160

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ahahahaha I only can see the clampets bumbling down the road.
    That is a cool piece of Americana to have tho!

6. Honestly it so true. It's the lack of any real brakes that makes it so challenging. That Brake Pedal grabs a band in the transmission and even at best all it does is lock up the right rear tire and like my first bicycle it just skids down the street more then any real stopping power.

High seat height, transverse springs, crazy fast steering and far more actual turn then modern cars. It all adds up to a very bizarre experience. Hell once I got it running it took me hours of messing around in the driveway then just in front of the house before I trusted my feet to remember what the damn pedals do.

It's more like a Motorcycle with the hand throttle and your feet are all reversed. Clutch works backward. Far right pedal is the brakes such as they are. Center is Reverse.

Family Heirloom you could say. Uncle bought it at the end of WW2 for $7.00. Drove it till 1952. I remember playing on it in the early 60s. I restored it to running condition in the 90s All the body wood was long rotted to near dust. just enough of it left for use as a pattern.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  7. LOL I wish I could find the pictures of my 1977 Civic CVCC running the 1/8th mile Drag strip at Irwindale Raceway.
    Accord engine / trans swap. Fucker was a hoot and a half.
    [​IMG]
    One like this.
    Mine had all the trick dealer applied goodies. Bumper guards front & rear. Mag wheels, Rag top sun roof.
    She'd nail the speedo at 120mph in 4th with throttle and a gear to spare.
    1800 pounds and the tricked accord engine made a bit over double the horsepower the car had stock.
    Sigh.... Another one I shoulda, woulda, coulda kept.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  8. 11.1 @126 1/4 mile BB6EA1B4-0FFA-429A-8890-1621337D9C67.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Lmao. Honestly I’ve two Hondas in my life. A pilot given to me, ass end came out on i75 spun out across 4 lanes.
    4door integra we were buying, timing belt snapped at red light oj my wife and son.

“And y’all talk about my fords” :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. That Cummins will get it!
    Mega cab H/O has been a dream truck of mine for ages.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 957hp/1710 tq at the rear wheels she was nasty. But my mom or grandmother could drive it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I bet it was! One day I’m going to have the funds to drop a Cummins in a new expedition. Something I’d love to see. But only gm has the guts to do
    Diesel in a suv.

13. Lots of companies are doing the conversions now.

honestly I’m really loving my new 6.7 powerstroke
    I’d love one in an older truck.
    Nothing like reliable 550hp at the wheel with just a tune and a delete pipe
    then turbo swap/cp3 upgrade and new tune and 675 hp

14. Shit good to hear, if shops out there. Then I’m not thatttt crazy lol.
    21’ new?
    The new 350 limited dwr is in our business plan for the investors but we’ll see.

15. It’s a 19 that I got in 20.

Attached Files:

16. Nice! Clean, and you’d never know it’d blow the doors off your Honda Booiii. Lmao

Edit auto correct

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. 125 on a Kawasaki while going through a long tunnel. It was like getting sucked through a straw.
    158 on a Ducati. NEVER in a car. Too dangerous.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Curious what you mean by this cause on a bike you crash you're dead or a vegetable all but guaranteed at those speeds. Unless you mean the danger of killing others.

19. I don’t disagree with you. Driving or riding at high speed is inherently dangerous. The higher the speed the higher the danger. At some level of speed the consequences of an accident are pretty much the same in any type of vehicle, serious injury or death.
    I feel more in control on a bike than in a car. I’ve always had performance motorcycles because of the increased control features built into them - better handling, better brakes, better tires, better feel for the road conditions. Overall, they are designed for capability at higher speeds. None of this makes any difference when the operator is inexperienced and is not capable of taking advantage of these features.
    My saying regarding the danger of cars vs bikes is, “your less likely to get into an accident on a bike, but you are more likely to be injured”.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I lost control on a twin engine drag bike at the finish line from a hi speed wobble.
    I was doing about 170 mph and walked away .
    I did get allot of road rash through my racing leathers.

As of diesel trucks I worked for Cummins engine company for 2 decades and another 2 decades in mining and logging equipment that had Cummings Diesels.
    All my equipment had Cummins diesels from the small cam 855 cu to the big cams and the Cumming K 19 .
    Had several service trucks with the cummings B model and the cummins C model 8.3 .
    Even had a ford service truck with the cummins Triple nickel

• Like Like x 2