Driving 100+ Miles Per Hour

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by pocket biscuits, Jan 30, 2012.

1. [​IMG]
    V (for vroom) :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

2. Got up to 125 in my grandfathers 99 Audi A6. I was 16 with 4 buddies riding with me. Such a bad idea but we were racing this middle aged guy driving an Audi also (cant remember what kind, maybe a s6). We just couldnt keep up lol. i think we were in a 65 limit for some reason

3. Lol looks like you guys are too busy smoking to go over 100mph IMG_3919.jpg

4. Had plenty of 100 mph plus capable cars over the years. Still the most fun in my stable remains this one that I played on ohh so many years ago as a kid in the 50s when it was on sawhorses in my uncles back yard.

14-480x640aa.jpg
    Nothing is half as fun-scary as a stock early (1914) Ford Model T at WOT. (wide open throttle)
    45 of the scariest mph setting in a Kids highchair on roller-skates was how my dragster driving friend described it.
    With just a band in the transmission for a service brake a hard stop just gets the RR wheel locked up but doesn't really slow it very much or very fast. :)
    Hasn't been on the street in a couple of years. Time to get her out and have some fun.
    BNW

• Like Like x 4
  5. Lol for all of maybe 5-6 seconds peaking no more then 165km/h, but in a 15yr old Buick rendezvous, going from on ramp to off ramp.

Rendezvous are good city cars. Light suspension, soft rebound, and lifted enough to be a sail to the wind. As being a good 500lb shy of holding the road on snow

6. I do have to say i was a mechanic which led to my back issues and ive built a few cars for the dragstrip 130 mph plus is where aerodynamics kick in you need completely flat roads with all windows shut i went . Airborne once on a old country rd and i swear when landing at . 120 mph god guided me straight be careful know the road amd look up driving techniques enjoy

7. I own a 2006 evo IX with a few mods. It hits 100mph so quick it's crazy. Fastest I've been in it is 120. That was also a breeze. That's the top of 4th gear. The car handles better at 100 then it does at 55. It's not built for driving slow. 100 feels totally natural and relaxing. I never did it unless I was sure there was nobody around. It literally takes seconds to hit 100 and go back down to the speed limit.

8. When I was traveling around Germany I would drive 130+mph (on the parts with no speed limit obviously). Loved it. Could drive from one side of the country to another in no time. People there are great drivers (for good reason, their process is so much better than ours).

In America most people are incapable of driving properly. Never use blinkers, never let anyone in, always a race and willing to disrupt traffic to benefit them self, etc.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. try flying... 220 kts in a Cirrus SR22 (...with a tailwind). the downside is no conception of speed... until you pass a mylar balloon at a few 1000 feet.

10. My wrangler hits 100, maybe in about 20 seconds haha!
    I rather go fast on earthly terrain, especially mud. Rocks are scary.

11. Ive done 200 on a Hayabusa, 150s multiple times on a cbr900rr i had.

180s in a corvette I had, and 160s in a BMW M5 i had....

I stopped buying things that go fast, i have a diesel truck now that doesnt like much over 90, beforw my truck i had a wrangler that struggled to get to 90.

12. dude your "rwd cobalt ss" is only capable of 100+ (or any speed) in your mind.

13. The first time I broke 100 I was transporting ducklings in my mother's sienna. Maxed out at 110.
    Fastest I've ever gone was on my buddy's zx-14, I stopped checking the speedometer around 155 mph. The air feels like water at that speed.

14. I always wanted an evo 8 when I was younger. I could afford the car but at the time my insurance on it would have been £5k($6300) a year and I couldn't afford that as I had just left uni with a mountain of debt. Now I feel too old for such a car, plus I would probably just get myself a nice ST - although I'm planning on getting a Citroen c3 picasso next month so that's hardly gonna tear the motor way up hahaha. Even my toy car, land rover defender, aint built for speed. tiz fun though.

15. I’ve been 156 miles an hr in my side stealth ty twin turbo. Out in country. I think EVERY CAR I’ve had I’ve hurried the speedometer lol. Our 2012 sienna I got to 112 on test drive1.5 years ago. My first car. Camero. We use to ride around over a 100 almost everywhere lol. Idk how I didn’t die. Even my pos 94 Dakota I’ve had to 114(down hill). I dont drive like that rly ever now. Will hit 90s if traffic is

16. only go around 80 in my car, but on my bike I hit 100 regularly.

17. Dude, thats ass backwards safety wise... I’ve owned some dirt bikes and road a few bikes but nvr got stupid on the road on a bike. I’ve got lucky and nvr wrecked driving crazy when I use to but a bike, I woulda been a stain on the road riding a bike like I did my cars

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. I was doing 140mph in an AC Cobra kit car once when the rag top roof flew off.

Oops.

19. Ive had beaters, trucks, sports cars, etc. better believe they all hit 100+ frequently I spend 3 hrs a day on multiple highways.