Driving 100+ Miles Per Hour

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by pocket biscuits, Jan 30, 2012.

1. I enjoyed getting crazy in my younger days and did a lot of drag racing. The fastest I have been on an interstate was 155 in a built mustang. I was pulled over 3 times over 100. Once at 131mph, once at 118 mph, and once at 109 mph. Fastest on a bike was 135, that was scary after having high sided over the bed of a 67 pickup a month earlier. Lost my license for speeding once in one state, got it back and moved, then almost lost it again in the next state. It amazes me but I have never had an at fault wreck.

Once I got older I slowed down though. Now, it is rare that I go more than 5 mph over on public roads. I would rather have a car that handles than straight out speed. If I want a rush then I would rather have a bike and go to a track. Its a different experience with no cage around you.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I hear ya.

I have a Corvette with an advertised top speed of 186. I've spun it up to 100 a few times but that's it. I just tool it around like the old man that I am. It handles like a dream.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I hit 225 km/h (139 mph) on my suzuki a few times, lol probably a good thing I sold that bike would of ended up in an accident at some point

It did feel like an accomplishment though, my friends call it the "200 club"

4. #1224 demilo78, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2016
    149 mph in my old 1984 trans am with a built sbc 400. But I haven't hit over 100 since rolling a truck 5.5 times at 70 on a dirt road

5. Hit 145 in a BMW M3 series. Was fun. Miss the Autobahn sometimes, but then again, don't miss Germany all that much.

6. When I first got my car I went for a couple triplr digit speed runs (felony in ca). Fastest I hit was 130 before I ran out of highway. I also rode in an S4 that the driver pinned 160. We made a mile-mile and a half loop in a minute. Pure adrenaline.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I did 140mph in my Oldsmobile at 2am in the rain. That was intensely fun.

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I've done 130 in my 2012 Mazda 3.

9. I went 174 last summer in my audi ttrs. far out in the desert headed back to charlotte from las vegas.

10. I went 90 in my old Toyota Echo, it felt like 900. Fastest I've gone was 140 or whatever the max (governor) was in a new at the time ~'96 Celica GT. That was a fun car.

11. My record would be 136 on my trip through Germany in my old CLK 200 kompressor, it wouldn't go faster. Was leisurely overtaken by a C63 AMG tho:p Few weeks later it caught fire on the driveway while we were having dinner... It was a German import so for some reason having driven it at it's max speed, in the country it was from and on the Autobahn were it was made for just before it "died" felt kind of nice in the end. Now i drive the same car but a generation older (2000) and without the kompressor... Ich miss mein kompressor :c

Otherwise my raptor 650 will go about the same if you would believe the tachy, but i know it's off so i'd say 130. Just gets there a lot faster! On my bike i don't wait till i'm in Germany tho ;) I'd love to buy an RC8 when i get my full license, just afraid it's gonna kill me :p

Now my dad drives this huge Dodge ram with an SRT-10 engine in it, it should go faster then my bike or old car but the thing scares me shitless at high speeds. Tho it sure is fun smoking Audi's and BMW's who don't know whats under the hood :D But when the M or RS badges come out i'll stay in my lane ;)

12. Took my van up to 125mph and blew the motor, topped my motorcycle out at 102mph, drove my suv up to 110mph before I ran out of road. The car Im driving now is a VW Beetle Turbo S Its a six speed with a turbo 4 banger. I hit 130 mph in 5th gear at 4000rpm (redline is 7000) I ran out of straight road and was too scared to go faster.

13. 140 in a suped-up Dodge Neon SRT4 turbo, probably could have hit 150 if I really wanted to, it was my dads and i took it out while it had no insurance on it and put my old jettas plates on it. Pretty sure I had no license at the time too and after I hit the gears and rolled to a stop, a cop passed me and just stared me down. I looked over my shoulder and realized I had no seat belt:cool:

EDIT: my brother has the car but apparently he lost the title

• Like Like x 1
  14. 153 in the old gt86

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1465600233.770520.jpg

Aka top speed, and was still very stable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. 118 MPH in a 1990 Nissan Stanza 2.4 L. I didn't have a wheel alignment or anything and it held the road like glue! I was very impressed. It inspired confidence, unlike a Ford Taurus that began 'floating' at 90 MPH, suggesting that going any faster was courting disaster.

16. I've passed 300kmph a few times i think by far the fastest was somehwere in the late 330's in a gemballa 12-c with a few upgrades. I have a lot of cool videos of me fucking around but It's not letting my upload

17. Hit 115 in my 97 jeep cherokee and 120 in my 07 cobalt.

18. I've hit 155 in a Neon SRT4, 157 on Triumph Speed Triple, 135 in my Veloster Turbo...it all started when my parents bought a Buick Park Avenue Ultra (the supercharged 3.8L) and it would hit 115 (governed top speed) on a short road by my high school. Getting my super conservative mother to max her car out was hilarious as a kid...man my childhood sounds pathetic hahahahah

• Like Like x 1
  19. 138 mph in a Supra turbo while following a corvette up I-49. Man that shaved some time from the boring drive from Lafayette to Shreveport!

• Like Like x 1