Drip system

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Whodi, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Most drip systems i look at come with everything, water pump, rocks, rockwool, etc.. but no air pump.. and i notice the ebb & flow systems come with everything but a water pump. Do drip systems require air pumps or just water pumps?

This system specifically: http://www.landmsales.com/4_plant_drip.htm

Is this a good start, and are 3 inch net pots big enough to grow MJ from start to finish?

2. High odi! It will get you growing! A little expensive, and you could probably build it for cheaper. but at least it everthing you need.
    yes i would add a air pump and stone. some drip systems are powered by air, like the water farms. others are powered by pump, like the one youve shown.
    all hydro needs dissolved oxygen in order to grow plants. the more the better! Peace, TBug

3. High odi! yes, 3" nets are fine. But after i thought about it a bit, Ive concluded that eventually your roots would start to grow down into your nutes. Not a big problem , but you would want several air stones in there. essentially turning it into one big bubble bucket.(which is an effective system too)Peace, TBug