Drip system water cycle

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TH3 GUY, Mar 17, 2007.

1. I'm getting differant opinions on this so I wanted to see what any of you think.
    Some say use 24 hours on
    Others say 30 mins 5 times a light cycle
    and yet others say 15 mins 6 times a light cycle

Any suggestions on which is best.

Thanks

2. I have a friend that grows in a waterfarm drip bucket and he runs his drip 24 hours straight with no airstone attach to the bottom bucket. His plants and its roots are extremely healthy looking.

3. good post man, i was wondering the same thing. i just got 2 water farms for my secondary grow area, and i was wondering about water cycles. i added a 6 inch airstone to both buckets just for the hell of it, because your roots can never get to much oxygen, i also added 35% hydrogen peroxide to the res. well see how it turns out.... :hello:

4. 24/7 bros I have 3 waterfarm and check .sometime they get stuck.and on water to the root and your plants will .......

5. Thanks fellas. I'm not to sure about 24/7 but maybe keep it running continuous while the light is on. Hmmm.... Not sure still. Any other suggestions or comments?

6. If you plan on running it when the light is on then make sure you run an airstone in the bucket when the light is off.

7. I am going to use 24/7 with no stone

8. dude you gotta get an air stone..it pumps oxygen to the water for the roots...and it keeps your water from getting stagnant...and it keeps ur nutes mixed up in the water!

9. should I use 1" or 4 " air stones for a 4 gallon reservoir?

10. I guess the more O the roots get the better right? I think I'll just got with the 4" air stones unless anyon knows better. Thanks to all who replyed.

11. The waterfarm has to run constant because the only real medium it has is hydrton. But if the medium is rockwool it will not dry out as fast as hydroton and need to be watered less. Plus the water farms use air to pump the water so they are already airiating the water.

12. Thank you, thats what I thought. Glad I didn't go out and buy more pumps and air stones. I am using hydroton so 24/7 it is. Thanks again

13. i was thinking about that when i first got my waterfarm but the air that pumps the water up the the drip ring gets trapped in that tube, so its not that helfpful.... thats why i decided to add a 6" airstone and 35% hydrogen peroxide to the resovoir

i would add it. an airstone and pump is like $10 what do ya got to loose, it will make your plant stronger and give you a better harvest.

14. The extra air from a airstone will definately help.

15. thanks for all the input fellas.