Drip System Suggestions, need advice

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by big_lazy2010, Aug 24, 2009.

1. I have decided to give growing a shot and i need some advice about the system i choose to use. Here is what i have so far:

(grow box: 72"x48"x24"; 10 gallon 4 plant recirculating Hydroponic drip system; 24" 2 bulb T12 shop light w Plant and Aquarium light bulbs producing 1600 lumens of light; Humidifier; heavy duty timer; Nutrients powder form: Miracle Grow Plant food and Miracle Grow Blooming Booster)

Ive been reading up on germinating seeds and right now im using some from my personal collection that i have saved over the last few years. Since ive had the seeds for a while will it have an effect on how quickly the seeds will germinate or if they will germinate at all? Im trying to gereminate them in the rockwool cubes that came with my hydroponic kit, has anyone done this successfully already and have some pointers for me? Since it is a recirculating system do i need to purchase a special type of nutrients or do the ones i have will be enough? Also im concerned about the lighting, i dont think i will have enough light output with the bulbs im using during the vegatative and flowing stages. Do i need more powerfull lights? Any suggestions?