drip system for outdoor

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by brownie9091, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Im in the middle of a guerilla grow and its gonna get hot this summer i have to drag water out to my spot because my water source fell through. so i came up with an idea to keep them watered while im away..
    im thinking of using pvc pipe and 90 degree elbows to form a square, rigging some fitting on it for bottles, something like 2 liter or 3 liter bottles, ill come up with a way to fix them on there, drilling holes in the bottom of the pipe i dont know how many or how big yet, and then holding it down to the soil with something like lansdcaping pins (big ass staples) or something equivalent. i have a rough idea drawn up let me know what you think

Attached Files:

2. 17 views no comments not even a hey thats a dumb ass idea?

3. What of medium you using or u mix your own? What about over watering, you think 90 deg. Is going to suck up that much water? Or you just planing on using the bottles as needed not leaving them on and full all the time? Nice design thow that's the way to think outside the box.

4. well theyre in 10 gallom smart pots so once theyre in full bloom theyre gonna be sucking up more water then i can bring to them im using my own soil and subcools soil im gonna be leaving them on all the time just to drip im thinking put one hole in the pipe for each bottle and im gonna make it to where i can add and take off bottles have up to 4 and as few as one. hell i could even install a dripper head whats the slowest drip you can get anyone know?

5. I don't know but I'm interested I'll be watching to see how it goes.

6. Just last weekend I was helping a grower with the same issue, you don't live in North California?
    Ok heres the deal....your idea sucks, way to much work...Consider:
    1x long green garden hose, 1/2 inch int diameter, cut 24" of for each plant, and with home irrigation bits stick it together drill holes as you say and pin if necessary ..next have 45 gallon drum of water up high about 2", install car/auto window washer pump, at base of drum, powered by an old car/auto battery, set on a simple timer.

Deal is, timer goes off, water is pumped from barrel to plant for about 20 -30 secs 5 times a day.

For timer see my blog under 'new tech'

peace
    "V"

7. i looked through all your blogs and didnt see any timer except the air freshener one

8. Yep...it's the air freshener one.. that the guys are using right now!..
    if and when you go ahead with this do post up some pix thanks in advance

peace
    "V"

9. Maybe I didn't read enough about it but doesn't that only blast a little split second spurt? Every so many minutes I don't remember exactly what you said 9 and 36 minutes