Drip Hydro pump schedule?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by SirSmokes alot, Apr 15, 2011.

1. I think I may have misspoke before when I said drip system. I have a top feed system that I can adjust the flow rate with the nozzle. I'm growing in hydroton and I have and air stone and fogger in the reservoir. I need to know how long and often to cycle my pumps while achieving maximum nutrients to the plants but still avoiding root rot. and do I need to cycle the pumps periodically during night hours to moisten the roots, or will they be alright until light?

2. easy question.
    until your roots have reached the bottom of your tank of nutes and water, run your pump on for 15 off for 30. check your plants every so often to check how your strain deals with the watering.
    soon as your roots reach the bottom you dont need to run your water at all, or can run 24/7. either way it doesnt really matter anymore. running the pump can only help though. make sure your roots dont tangle up into your water pump!
    hope this helped.

3. thanks we'll see what happens. appreciate the feed back

4. One more thing. Use this timing during night as well?

5. use this time 24/7, roots can still get too dry at night.
    goodluck bruh

6. i have started a drip system and wondering if my schedule will be ok. with a 18/6 hour light cycle i have the lights turning on at 5am. my first drip is at 8am for 7 mins, the 2nd at 2pm for 7mins and a 3rd at 8pm for 7mins. it is completely saturating my rockwool cubes, they are 4x4 cubes.... any suggestions on anything i should try? any will be appreciated!

7. btw i am doing an ebb/flood and drain system....

8. You want to start feeding a few minutes before the lights turn on and again when the go off. A digital timer is what I find the best way to dial in the pump. I use on for 45 minutes every 4hours, I'm testing 30minutes every 2 hours to see how they respond

9. I'm using a aerogarden ultra drip system. Completely adjustable timer. I just planted four clones and it's day two and I'm getting some yellow marks, wilted fan leaves and brownness of the flower area.im using 2 additional 150 w cfl. Lights are 2 inches anyway from tallest plant and horizontal lights about 5-8 inches. Temperature is 80-84. Nice cool Rez. How often should I run the pump? I think this is caused by overwatering from what I read, but I'm new and all I want to do is fuck with it. I know my setup is good I just need to know how to use it. Someone please help I don't want my clones to die!

10. I've also got a 4" and a two " air stone that I have been running 24/7 could I be over watering? Or underwatering not using the pump!? HELP

11. you guys are making this too difficult. a top feed drip system can have the pump run 24 hours a day. especially with a Wilma system or something similar. the only reason why you would put it on a timer is to keep res temps low. it's almost impossible to drown your plant with top feed drip, especially if you have an air stone in your res.