Drip Hydro pump schedule?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by SirSmokes alot, Apr 14, 2011.

1. So I have grown with dirt, DWC, Aero and now I am trying a drip system. I was just wondering if anyone had advice on how long and often I should run my pumps? I have an air stone and fogger in the reservoir. I can figure out the flow rate, nutrients etc. I just don't want to dry up or drown my babies! Please help.

2. depends on your medium.....

3. I am starting them in rockwool cubes then putting them in hydroton

4. if it's just a drip you can run it the whole time the light is on.. I start in rockwool cubes then place them in lava rock. I run mine from the time the light comes on till 1 hour before the light goes out.. I do this to keep the humidity down during dark hours.. ;)

5. i run my lights 24/0 for veg so i run my pump all day. all the pump is doing is pushing air down into the res and then forcing the water back up, very little effort.

6. 15- 0n 45 off ..you can run it constant but you increase the chance of root rot and lower oxygen to the air roots ,this lowers the chance of nutrient uptake and slows growth.. the root zone is the most important area ,healthy roots better plants, more buds, stronger..and 24/7 is a waste of light plants only need 18-20 max and need at least a 4 hour rest to grow roots and increase hormones (female hormones) so when the light cycles is slowly turned down over a week to 12-12 the plant produces more buds ..

7. Thanks for the advice appreciate it. We will see what happens.