drinking vs stoner songs

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by amsterdamage, Feb 28, 2008.

1. What's the difference in terms of the way they're constructed between drinking and stoner songs?

To me drinking songs are way too simplistic.
    And has anyone else ever noticed that heavy drinkers make terrible dj's. It's like they can't feel the mood of the crowd so they keep putting on songs with the completely wrong beat - usually too simple and loud.

2. I think the difference is that every song can be a stoner song, not every song can be a drinking song.

Like the last time I was high with my friend we were completey jamming out to a song until like halfway through when we realized it was "Waterloo" and we're like what the hell, how does ABBA sound so good?

3. I'm embarrassed to admit I've always thought ABBA had a lot of talent. I mean they were
    pure pop which isn't a genre I'm into but their songs were tight and very memorable.

Actually I think stoners could appreciate them more than drinkers

4. They definitely don't lack talent in making good pop songs....but sober, I never chose to listen to them. I mean, we were completley jamming out and normally when abba comes on I switch the station.

weed does that to a person. I never liked any sort of country before I started smoking, but let me tell you after a bowl nothing sounds better than the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

when I'm drunk I want to listen to something that will make me dance, when I'm stoned I want to listen to anything.

5. I like a good song about drinking

"One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" - George Thorogood & The Destroyers
    "Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar)" - The Doors
    "I Drink Alone" - George Thorogood & The Destroyers
    "Drinkin' Wine" - Electric Flag
    "Drunken Hearted Boy" - The Allman Brothers Band