drinking at 8 in the morning

Discussion in 'General' started by MariaJuana92, Mar 14, 2013.

1. working overnights sucks
    once that sun comes up, my brain re-sets and no matter how tired i am i have a hard time falling asleep, or staying asleep
    sometimes a drink after work really takes the edge off
    but god damn, drinking at 8am makes me feel like an alcoholic
    even though i know im far from it

can anyone relate?

2. earliest i drank was 9 30 am on sattys pattys day for an all day drinking affair

3. I just got home from a night shift. I don't drink daily but sometimes have a few beers at 8 am

You're not alone friend!

Cheers

Omega369 :wave:

4. well my 8am is like most peoples 8pm
    im not going to go all day or anything haha
    hopefully i'll be asleep before long

5. yay
    i wish i had a buddy to drink with when i got off work

6. have u heard of AA?:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

7. I've done it before after a particularly rough overnight shift at the hospital. Down-side: I had to handle a dead heart-attack patient, up-side: I got to practice CPR on a real person (let me tell you, it's nothing like working those CPR dummies).

Sure felt weird downing a couple rum n' cokes before 10AM, but it was worth it

8. I drink the the morning, honestly who gives a fuck time is just another unit of measure. It's what you make of the time that matters, I enjoy getting fucked up and doing fucked up things so I'll do that anytime I'm awake.

9. You got to practice cpr on a dead patient?
    mmm sorry dude but i totally just imagined like them declaring this dude dead, and leaving for a sec
    and you being like, 'FINALLY, MY CHANCE.'
    then romantically locking lips with a corpse

im totally sure you meant you tried to revive him
    it's just not as entertaining in my head ]=

10. Nah, it's cool. The guy hadn't been officially declared dead but he'd had no pulse for over 20 minutes & his face was purple when they wheeled him into the ER, but the paramedics grabbed a couple of us techs to perform CPR until time-of-death was called. It's not unheard of for CPR to bring someone back, but all it amounted to with this guy was practice.

And they were ventilating him with a mask, thankfully, so no lip-lock was necessary. :D

So whatcha drinking on this morning?

11. #11 Cereal Killer, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2013
    ^ At the risk of sounding callous, the majority of codes are pretty much just practice.

I drink in the morning! I work a lot of 24 hour shifts and 7p to 7a shifts, so I just drink and smoke in the morning instead of at night. Hell, a lot of times a bunch of us getting off shift will go to a bar and drink and hang out for awhile, fun times.

Drinking rum at 9 AM :D

12. I don't even wanna say...
    uv cherry straight
    lak;jfsdkl;j
    ewwwwwwwwwwwww

i have no pop, nothing
    it was that or rum
    and idk im just feeling like something clearer

honestly, i am glad i am not cpr certified. i work in a nursing home as a cna, but it's not required i be cpr certified. granted, most people have dnrs here, there are a few full codes. and i am so happy that it won't be me. like for one, god just made that call, who am i to argue? and for two, i really don't want to have to give mouth to mouth...even if they have proven that it's not effective. im just sayin.

haha maybe one day i'll go learn cpr, because saving lives is cool and all
    like you never know when you're going to come up on an accident, or run into someone that collapsed, etc
    and if i wanna work in a hospital they'll make me go take classes

13. when you work 24 hour shifts how many days are you off after?
    i think i could handle it if it was one on, 3 off, repeat
    or like i think the PERFECT schedule would be
    3pm-3am
    7 on 7 off
    i would LOVE that
    work hard long shifts for a week, get a week off
    fuck i wish i could do that now

14. If it's any consolation, you probably wouldn't have to do mouth to mouth, bag-valve-masks are always used for ventilating patients, if not I'm pretty sure most healthcare workers would be looking for new jobs :p

Sorry, I'm done hijacking and turning this into the CPR thread! Anybody else like Old New Orleans rum? :D

15. That's rad

I work in a hospital too. My hours are 7 to 7, 2 days and 2 nights. Then I get 4 days off.

This thread motivated me, I'm having an 8:10 am drink called Busy Udder

Jäger and milk

Omega369 :wave:

Attached Files:

16. For full time workers it's 24 on, 48 off. I'm part time (even though I usually work full time hours), and I have a second job, so my work schedule is weird as fuck. Work 24, then work 12, work two twelves, work a twelve, sleep, then work a 24, it's all a crapshoot. I think I'd like working 24-48 all the time, mandatory overtime, take one shift off and you'll have five days in a row, and only work ten days a month :D

17. i think we have a mask chillin around somewhere
    but like honest to god if someone goes down here
    all we have is a 'mouth guard' for cpr or some shit
    i kid you not, they actually expect the nurses to give mouth to mouth
    idk what decade i am stepping into when i go to work, but it's totally weird
    like we still use re-usable snap pants to hold incontinence pads in place
    we just a few years ago upgraded to those new-fangled plug in beds
    last time we had to suction someone out, we found 3 machines from the 70's, none of which worked
    which is highly inconvenient when you're literally watching a man choke to death on his own mucous while the nurse runs around like a chicken with her head cut off trying to find an in order machine
    oh haha i love this place

i actually had to write the director of a nursing a letter
    because for over 3 months we didn't have a working thermometer and nobody seemed to think this was a serious problem
    no matter how many times i verbally addressed it with multiple superiors
    fucking
    facepalm

18. #18 tbarb, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2013
    thatll put fuzz on your peaches.i dont know if youre a girl

19. He'll I've started as early as cracking a beer at 6am for mardi gras can't drink all day unless you start in the morning

20. Makes me wanna puke. Don't you have some bud broski?