Drinking alone?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hepheastus420, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Who else drinks alone sometimes? Do you think it's normal? I'm drinking alone right now because I want to not because I'm depressed or anything, I'm just tired of people saying it's weird. So then what do you guys like to do when buzzed alone?:smoke:

2. sometimes i drink a beer or 2 when im chilling alone. But i don't drink to get drunk, just to kick back after a hard day.

3. I only drink alone just because of the depression,when im buzzed alone I just like to eat some soft stuff,and watch t.v nothing else.While im depressed I just sit there with nothing.

4. When I'm depressed I smoke weed.:smoke:

5. if u get drunk alone, more often then if u just drink a little to relax...then thats a problem.

i have been to a few hundred AA meetings and drinking(getting drunk) alone is a sign of a problem.

6. drinking is the best with other people....it would be depressing to get drunk alone without no one to talk to.

It's not like hitting the bong sitting on your couch and relaxin, shit would be depressing. That's why a lot of alcoholics call people on the phone late at night.

7. I've drank alone plenty of times. I am positive I never had a problem or anything like that haha.. I just really liked adding a little extra bit to my buzz at nights when I smoked sometimes. I never got shitface drunk, but a strong buzz. I'd get fucked up and talk on the phone/play Xbox.

Haven't really done it in a while though. I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

8. I'd rather drink alone to be honest. That or just with a close friend or two. I'm the same way with smoking. Generally intoxicated people annoy me even when I'm intoxicated.

9. I don't drink alone alot but, but I've gotten so drunk by myself that I shit in my bathtub

10. Never drank by myself, don't even like drinking that much in the first place.

11. Drinking makes most people, including me: talkative, confident, eventually dizzy/nauseous/sick.

When you're by yourself, the first two are neglected, unless you're online *even then it's still boring*...so you're left with the sickness.

12. ......... Is pointless

13. I'm drinking by myself right now haha. I'm not getting wasted by any means, just enjoying a whiskey n coke to relax.

14. Yeah the funny thing is I texted a girl i was really into and she wants to hang out.

15. i drink alone once in awhile just to relax and have that alone time, ya know. silence is golden, remember. :smoking:

16. I don't mind it, I never get completely shitfaced but I like getting drunk from time to time. As long as you keep it in moderation i don't think you really have a problem.

17. I do it every single day.

It's like buzz said, if you are doing it to relax you are headed for trouble. You don't always get hooked, but even the chance is a scary prospect. You kind of condition and reinforce your mind set that alcohol is like some medication you can partake of at anytime to make things better/more fun.

Again, I'm not saying drinking alone will make you an alcoholic, but you should take ANY steps to avoid it. Take my word for it, it's not fun.

18. George fucking Thorgood drinks alone.

19. I usually drink by myself if I'm feeling down and I wanna go to sleep lol.