drinking alone

Discussion in 'General' started by M3TAL HEAD, Jul 1, 2010.

1. im drunk. and i got drunk by myself. i just drank a 375 ml of vodka to the facei dont care. i smoke by myself, and i know a lot of u do also, so my question, why not drink by urself? whats the difference? both get u inhebriated, theyre just 2 different substancs and 2 different highs.

in all honestly, i do more drugs than i should. i trip balls by myself, ive rolled by myself, ive smoked and drank by myself. ive stopped cold turkey b4 when ive had to pass a dt, and seeing as i just got another years probation, im gonna have to do it again soon, so im no drug addict. i simply love getting fucked up. getting high on whatver is just a blast.(its not like im going and shooting up heroine, the hardest drugs ive ever tried are extacry, acid, and various other hallucionogens. im no meth head)

my point is, why is it so socially unacceptable to drink alone? while not neccessarily socially acceptable to smoke by yourself due to the illicit nature of weed, more people will admit to smoking by themselves rather than drinking by themselves. its still getting inhebriated, so why the social stigma?

just my drunken mind requesing imput from my fellow blades

2. Didn't feel like reading all of that right now...on a skype call.
    But I'm drinking and smoking alone as usual.

I personally enjoy chilling in front of my computer. Hours of entertainment at my fingertips.

3. To quote George Thorogood "When I drink alone, I like to be all by myself":D:smoking:

4. Everything is just as good when you are a lone. Now you can have fun with friends but the point is they aren't needed. Drink up and have fun.

5. THANK U.i love that song. i was thinking of it but i didnt know who it was by and am a little too drunk to be botthered with google for anything less than a pair of perky tits. i love getting fucked up by myself on ANYTHING, cause i kinda have a short temeper with people sober, and thats only exacerbated while inhebriated. it gives me time to just chill with myself, and think, watch tv listen to music, ect, without having to deal with peoples bullshit

6. I like to get drunk by myself. :) I think it's relaxing.

7. #7 City of Gold, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2010
    I've thought of this before, and I've narrowed it down to two things:

1. Alcohol has markedly more severe negative effects on health, so consuming it alone means that you are damaging your body without at least enjoying the company of other drunk people. Weed has medicinal benefits, so smoking it alone is almost expected for those who use it for those benefits. Also, someone can toke all fucking day and not have to worry about checking into the ER...can't say that about alcohol.

2. I can enjoy things like TV, snacks, and the internet much more while high, but being drunk makes those things pretty much unusable (to me at least). And all of those things are readily available around the house. So why even have friends over when you can have a great high alone?

8. I'm just finishing up a half pint actually...
    I'm not one for social gathering anyways... anything I do by myself I enjoy it, but I like to get smashed with close friends too.

I couldn't care less what others think about whatever habits I have... If I like it and it's not hurting others Imma do it.

9. I've never drank alone before. I'm clumsy when I get buzzed, and I live on the 3rd floor of my apartment building. I'd hurt myself without a doubt.

10. ive always seen being drunk as a social thing, smoking weed is also a social thing but personally i think its a lot healthier to go home from work or school and toke up rather than drink

11. Drinking alone isn't really bad IMO.

But alcohol is a depressant, doing depressants often alone can cause you to... get depressed.

Drinking in a social environment helps that from happening. It still tends to happen though, I've seen plenty of people get sad/depressed and start bitching about life or whatever even in a group of people.

12. for me, alcohol is for two things. socializing and getting so fucked up i don't have to think about my problems. the first typically is what you do around people and the second is when you're alone. maybe other people enjoy it alone, but i don't.

13. For me alcohol is more of a social drug. I don't mind getting tipsy by myself but anymore than that and I don't think I'd like it.

14. I kinda like to drink by myself

15. You guys just made me want to drink haha

16. Mbeost any substance can be abused to some point of becoming a problem (junk food, alcohol, presc. drugs, sleeping pills, EVEN WEED!!!!!!!!!, etc). I say this because i've seen my mother deal with SEVERE alcoholism for many years now. It's all about self control and ability to overcome.
    Now, getting that out of the way, i'd say that drinking alone is better than drinking with other people/at parties, etc. Why not get that relaxing buzz topped with a bit of weed (OF COURSE, IT'S CRUCIAL WITH DRINKING)? I usually don't drink much at all, if anything at parties (i'd rather smoke with people, let's you open up more with them than putting on some 'drunk, superhero act').
    Just saying, limit your intake of anything if it becomes a problem, and begins to shelter you from reality. I've seen it first-hand and it isn't pretty.
    Live life and enjoy the treats and pleasures of humanity whenever you can, but don't let it shelter you out from reality all-together. Well, besides weed smoke that everyday and every minute if you can. I've never felt that weeed was a mind0numbing substance like alcohol, pills, tranqs. It opens your mind and helps you analyze yourself. Smoke as soon as you wake up, and repeat every half hour (if you can afford that, fuckers) and it will NEVER be a problem. If you think that you got lazy/stupid/depressed/crazy from smoking bud, think again. It only brought out those inner-demons tha need dealing with.
    Peace, sooooooooooo stoned can't keep typing, fingers swelling....

17. There is nothing antisocial, alcoholic or weird about drinking alone.

Getting wasted alone is a different thing altogether.