Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Drink...

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by 7brad7, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Is there a way on how to make a weed drink besides the tea... Something like sprite n weed or something ? Lol

2. Why would you want a carbonated cannabis drink?

Why not just brew the weed with some good flavored tea? Teavana has some pretty good ones. A range of different flavors too.

3. Because cannabis is not water soluble; and I don't want to consume a tablespoon of butter or oil; nor do I dilute my tea with milk.

4. I have (untested by me) recipes for coffee, tea, cocoa, lassis and bhangs, wine, beer, rum cocktail, pina collada, bloody mary, and mocha.

The beer and wine recipes require time to brew so I wouldn't go with those unless you're into that, and besides the beer one I think only uses seeds.

want any of them?

5. Glycerin, and alcohol (green/golden dragon) tinctures can be used to add potency to beverages, without the addition of oil. Glycerin tinctures are used in some of the juices and soda's, being sold by dispensaries.

Brewing tea, even when using high fat milk, is highly ineffective versus a proper oil unless you spend up to several days on the process, due to the reduced oil content and its reduced effectiveness. By that point, you've leached a ton of inert, unpalatable (or, to many, 'nasty tasting') plant matter, chlorophyll and plant waxes. Again, you're best adding a tincture or activated extract.

Oils can be used, if homogenized with/into the beverage using lecithin. I prefer this for hot cocoa, coffee, and frozen beverages such as Mudslides. If lecithin is not used, the oil will sit on the surface and can be taken as a 'shot' then chased with the underlying beverage.

Brewing can't be accomplished for anything besides flavor, without an activated extract. Using un-processed plant matter, results in only a flavoring element.

6. This is something I've done twice, but it worked. Cook your weed down in butter, or some kind of oil (canola, olive). Make some strong, hot chocolate and then pour the butter/oil in, mix, and hopefully you won't taste any of it. It works well, but it's not exactly tasty, unless you like the taste of weed, or butter.