Drink of the GODS!

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Kamasutra, Nov 30, 2011.

1. oh lol thanks man, ill look. how much are you supposed to drink though?

2. [quote name='"TheAtmansPath"']

oh lol thanks man, ill look. how much are you supposed to drink though?[/quote]

Well if you got loose leaf tea, you're gonna need a gourd and bombilla. (Cup and straw) fill up your gourd about 1/3 full, then put the palm of your hand on the top of the cup and turn it upside down, then shake the gourd, making sure no yerba falls out. Do that for 5-10 seconds. This is so the smaller bits don't go through the straw and into your mouth. Then slowly set the gourd down, putting the bombilla in the small space. Next, add normal temperature water, only a little though! This is so the yerba can absorb the water, and it improves the taste. Next add hot water (not boiling) up to the top. Drink and enjoy!

I understand this is kinda complicated lol. I can make a quick video if you like :)

3. [quote name='"ddoublevision"']

Well if you got loose leaf tea, you're gonna need a gourd and bombilla. (Cup and straw) fill up your gourd about 1/3 full, then put the palm of your hand on the top of the cup and turn it upside down, then shake the gourd, making sure no yerba falls out. Do that for 5-10 seconds. This is so the smaller bits don't go through the straw and into your mouth. Then slowly set the gourd down, putting the bombilla in the small space. Next, add normal temperature water, only a little though! This is so the yerba can absorb the water, and it improves the taste. Next add hot water (not boiling) up to the top. Drink and enjoy!

I understand this is kinda complicated lol. I can make a quick video if you like :)[/quote]

no that makes sense, thanks :) my "stater kit" came today so I'm trying it out

4. Huh, how much did you drink? I just had about 2 cups of it. It was chocolate flavored. It tasted pretty good to be honest. I've had it raw too. It tasted like garbage lol.

I'm not advertising here, I'm just posting what product I used. I am in no way affiliated with this company or this product... I've only consumed it. It's a tea bag, so... maybe that's why it didn't work? I guess I felt calm, but I always feel calm when I drink tea.:confused:

[​IMG]

5. Kraus is definitely a good brand man, one of my recent favorites. And palos "stems" are dope, they are sweet. Drink as much as you feel like, there's no set amount. Some people do need to build up a lot of tolerance to handle many cycles though. Most people eventually get used to the bitter taste, but also sometimes choose to add sugar to it, make it mate "dulce," or sweet opposed to "armago," which means bitter.

Interesting man, glad to hear you enjoyed it. You drank what is called mate "cocido" or "cooked" mate. That just means it came in a tea bag. Try drinking out of a gourd with a bombilla next time, it adds to the overall experience, and is what most people in Argentina and South America do. Not saying that that means it's the right way, but it's the traditional way. I would take the gourd and bombilla over a tea bag any day.

Glad to hear you tried it man, and that you enjoyed the overall experience! But yeah, I'm mostly an advocate for straight up yerba mate. Added herbs like mint do it for some other people, but I'm content with just yerba for now. Not saying that it's wrong at all, it just caters to different tastes.

Let me know if any of you ever want to make a post about your mate experience on my Yerba Mate website, could be dope! :hello:

6. I love me some mate :) I was buying from a local health food store that sold a large bag for $20, but I found another place that sold the same size bag for only $7! Same quality I think too.

Anyone else sippin on some mate today?

7. Im thinkin that I should get the kind that comes in a tea bag, because sippin out of those gourds with that weird straw is kind of a pain.

Plus then i can make a yerba mate/ runa tea mix

are the tea bag ones as good?

8. [quote name='"TheAtmansPath"']Im thinkin that I should get the kind that comes in a tea bag, because sippin out of those gourds with that weird straw is kind of a pain.

Plus then i can make a yerba mate/ runa tea mix

are the tea bag ones as good?[/quote]

it's not really hard. You just fill up the gourd halfway with the tea and pour hot water on it :p add the straw and you're good to go. I probably made it sound to complicated in my earlier post haha.

I've had the tea bags.. not sure which brand. To me it didn't taste too good, its not really yerba mate when you drink it like that imo :confused_2: but if you like the taste then why not?

If you choose to use the gourd and bombilla + loose leaf I think you'll feel the effects much more if that's what you're after. I know I do.. haha

9. I actually haven't used the gourd since i fucking spilled it everywhere and all the soggy fucking mate was all over the floor and it sucked to clean up.

I think maybe that's why ive been subconsciously against it/not drinking it for the past... 6 months.

but I think i'll try the gourd / loose leaf again as well as purchase some bagged stuff, to compare.

alright im gonna jump back into the game since this thread popped up again :wave:

10. [quote name='"TheAtmansPath"']

I actually haven't used the gourd since i fucking spilled it everywhere and all the soggy fucking mate was all over the floor and it sucked to clean up.

I think maybe that's why ive been subconsciously against it/not drinking it for the past... 6 months.

but I think i'll try the gourd / loose leaf again as well as purchase some bagged stuff, to compare.

alright im gonna jump back into the game since this thread popped up again :wave:[/quote]

lol yeah whenever I'm laying in bed I'll set it down on my lap and get up or something and spill it everywhere. My gourd is round so it tends to roll all over the place haha.

I'm about to go pickup some more mate right now :) I need a new gourd too because mine is leaking but they're expensive.

11. i saw "drink of the gods" and thought "coca-cola?"