Drink Habits

Discussion in 'General' started by GrassMan420X, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Hello GC, this is my first Thread! If this isn't in the right place mods feel free to move it. Now i came here to ask a question, how much is too much? I've been drinking 1-4 beers a night for the passed 3 to 4 years. Around 3 or 4 nights out of the month i won't drink, simply because i don't feel like it, mabey its ive been to busy at work and im tired and just want to lay down, or i want to spend time with friends and go out shopping or blaze it down. Will 4 beers (at most a night) be harming my liver? Im pretty sure im not dependent because like i said, i stopped for a good few days for no reason other then i didn't feel like it, or i was running short on money and decided to put the $ into more important things. Help a brotha out GC! I don't want to be harming my liver, seeing as i value all of the organs in my body. Thanks blades.

2. 4 beers doesn't sound like it will kill you anytime soon, but theres no doubt that drinking with consistency will damage your liver.

3. Yeah but i thought scurosis (i know thats terribly mispelled sound it out lol) only occured with heavy drinking over a long period of time. I know damage will occur, but i don't mind unless its really bad damage.

4. Over time yeah there's a chance some damage could be done. How much damage, I have no idea.

5. Beer (especially in that amount) won't really reek too much havoc on your liver, even in the long run.

Your biggest thing to counter-act the beer will be diet and exercise, as beer is really filling. If you don't have a beer gut than I guess your good in that department.

Real liver damage comes from hard liquors consumed in quantity, over long periods of time.

This is just here-say, but I've heard that a drink or two a day isn't bad for you at all, and can actually do a little good.

6. ^ thanks man. Yeah I'm a skinny, boney little fucker.

7. If you aren't taxing your liver, and never giving it a chance to rest, you should be okay.

I imagine with those 3-4 beer you throw in some dinner and snacks and water and other things to drink. A straight beer diet isn't good, but that same amount of beer coupled with good food and water really isn't that harmful.

I'd just be careful making too much of a habit out of it. Sounds like you've got it under control, but it's not hard to let it slip if you know what I mean.

8. Yeah I know a few alcoholics, I don't understand the obsession with booze some people have. Thanks for the input brother.

9. Dude, thats how i felt. You said that your 'pretty sure your not dependent on it' and that is exactly what i said. i started drinking casually after freshman year of college. drank a lot that freshman year, partied senior year, meaning i would drink everyweekends, junior year was probably like once or twice a month, until that summer came around. so i've been drinking for about 3 1/2 years.

Now what im getting at, is after a lengthy binge stint last fall, i had a hurtful realization i had to slow down. I was basically feeling like shit, and began getting depressed. I failed at stopping right away. I would still crutch on the weekends, at least once. Finally took, a month off. Cramps sucked. The withdrawal is real. I still get random abdominal pain, but i feel better. And i still drink, too, lol. But now i go weeks even months without drinking. And i drink different shit. I think different booze affects me differently aka some more harmful than others to my body. So now i drink my own shit, rarely black out anymore, drink more sparingly, and am just aware of my drinking so to speak. To put it in a better way, i am much more balanced, also you can use the word at peace, or 'understandment of my being'. So yeah, i drink. I like to go out and have a good time. I will probably slow down sometime soon, and only go out for special occasions(plan on doing a bunch of other shit), but i do enjoy the booze from time to time, and i love smoking pot. Probly try some other drugs in the near future, but i wanna explor/experiment. It is my choice, so i don't hold no one else accountable, and take responsibility for my life. I just thought of a quote "im the one who has to die when its time for me to die, so let me live how i wanna live" -hendrix. So yeah, im still trying to eat healthy, and i think i have a pretty good lifestyle. Lol, now i am realizing i was gonna give you advice and tell you to stop drinking and blah blah blah. But its your life, do as you please. There are always consequences for everything, so i say fuck it. And yeah, enjoy.

High story is complete. Hope you enjoyed ;)

10. wtf? r u srs right now? you have been having 1-4 beers a night every night for the past 3-4 years and you dont understand the obsession with booze ppl have?

You think you aren't dependent cause you stopped for 3 days TOTAL in a month, and as you said took what 2 consecutive days in a row off drinking?

srs? Try stopping for 60 days. Alcohol withdrawal doesnt hit you instantly, it usually takes about 48-72 hours to really feel it and can last a month.

You keep saying all this bs, but you sound like you are dependent. Alcohol is no joke, and shouldn't be taken so lightly like our culture does.

11. It really depends how strong the beers are.

12. Yeah, take 2 weeks off for a goal, than see how you feel. You can than continue or do as you wish.

Even if you were not consistantly binge drinking. You still never gave your liver a decent lengthy break, because even ONE drink makes the live/body go into "work more fiercely mode to break this shit down and slowly but surely get it out of your system" in case you forgot this shit is literally poison lol. That's the funny part about all of this haha.
    So you do sound like a hypocrite with statements like i don't get ppls infatuation with alcohol. I think any reasonable person would say that 3-4 years of consistantly drinking there might, if not already is a problem develeping. So chill, bro.

13. No need with the negativity man. I quit for a few weeks at a time with no problem. And I wasn't saying 3 days in a row I'm saying that my goal is drink 4 beers a day, in all honesty I normally have 2, but Mabey on a Friday or a lazy Sunday ill drink 3 or 4. By the way your typing it sounds like you have your own problems.

14. Very good point. I guess that will prove me. Thanks ill start today! Ill update