Drifting truck in rain

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Sir fapsalot, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Ok I drive a 02 2500 silverado and my best friend thinks that just because my tires spin easily because there's so much power and no weight in the back that I can drift lol I want to learn how but I'm not exactly sure how btw it's an automatic :(

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. What do you pull with your truck? Off topic I know.

3. with auto its hard you can kinda powerslide drift but beware if you have eaton locker, since its variable and not true lock it can cause you to go out of control at speeds needed to get sideways.. but in my 90 single cab 350/4speedmanual/14bolt/4.56gears i can get sideways any time on 35/12.5 mud terrains :D

4. Honestly I've never pulled anything it was a family owned car and it was given to me can't complain it's a nice truck lol just a gas hog

5. What is eaton locker ?

6. eaton is the brand that gm uses in there truck but its basically a variable locker so both wheels spin when traction is lost 

7. Sure you could spin the tires but keep in mind your truck has a high center of gravity so do not attempt drifting at speed you will roll your truck . In all honesty id say dont try but hey we were all young once and i did the same shit when in my first car so if your going to try use a empty parking lot floor it spin the tires giggle and leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. throw some cinder blocks or cement bags in the back to give you a little more weight...wait i mean dont do this shit..

9. #9 karlkush21, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2013
    I used to drift the shit out of my mercedes c240 automatic. RWD all I needed was a little bit of rain to get her going, I could do it on dry pavement but it wasent worth fucking my tranny up. Half a year later my kompressor blew and I sold it. God I miss my babyChase you? Bitch, I dont even chase my liquor!

10. i drive a 2011 2500 hd with the duramax when im workin and that thing is a handful in the rain with the traction and stabilitrak turned off. It ll whip right around and do big drifts. Do you have your traction turned off ?

11. #11 HipsterDoofus, Nov 6, 2013
    It's too funny how the universe provides so many interesting and exciting ways to remove yourself from the gene pool.

12. It doesn't have stabilitrak and it is possible to do I just don't know how exactly the technique is done I can take turns and with it being wet I can make the tires kick out easily and go sideways I'm not talking about a drift were you enter a turn at 80 I'm talking from like a stop lol if it's even possible :smoking:

13. No they didn't start using that stabikitrak shit til like 07.. but duramaxes are the shit my friend

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. #14 Thatrooper5515, Nov 6, 2013

15. #15 mercinariesgtr, Nov 6, 2013
    yah it has some balls, 700 ft lbs will do that. It has a tommy gate and is rhino lined extended cab black with the yellow hauling lights on the roof and stuff, pretty nice truck. im not a real truck person though, id rather putt around in my 03 tdi golf

16. #16 9D3, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2013
    It's not very hard man... If you can, put the gear selector in 2 (don't go with 1, you'll reach redline very quickly). Stomp on gas in somewhat controlled manner (don't floor i-...

Okay I can't explain it. Just go to an empty parking lot, put the selector in 2, stomp on the gas while turning and learn how your truck handles.

17. This reminds me, I haven't drifted my new truck in the rain.

Its a stick shift so I can't wait, diesel powa!

18. My 02 gmc serria had limited slip, so shitty having a 4x4 and only 2 will spin.
    Well at least I have a ford now with pos

19. Limited slip would make both wheels spin (the "pos" you're talking about with the ford is limited slip). Your sierra must have had an open diff.

20. #20 El Duderino, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
    keep the shifter all the way down in first so it doesnt try to upshift. then just feather the throttle. also.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29h-PO6UCD4