Dried out flower tops

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Gdub51, Jul 13, 2017.

1. no change from the treatments and apparently too late for soil treatment I understand. Weather is fine, plants are sick. Will maybe harvest early. Will plants be any good for cooking when harvested early? I was planning on letting them go till about 50% of trichomes were cloudy to amber looking for "couchlock". Anyone have exp. with cooking with early harvested? Four months of work gone. I didn't know this stuff was so sensitive. I've had success with everything else I have grown without anywhere near this much trouble or expense. I've spent a lot of time trying to find even the cause without success. No pics nor descriptions match this disease. IF its bud rot how did this happen to plants in such a dry local, outside, in a daily breeze, never rained, with over 12 hours of direct sunlight at equinox. NOT EVEN A FOGGY MORNING! So blow taps for this grower, I'm done.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ive had a problem like this before, ended up being catepillars eating the stem of the bud. After it moves on u see the bud dying. Im guessing the dots are the catepillars poop. Look between your buds really closely you may see them.

Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.

3. Also if this is the case you can see then stem is visibly eaten

Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.

4. I had been told I had fungus gnats, yet I did find two caterpillars (one green and one red) on close inspection. I sprayed with BT today. I hope the caterpillars are the problem rather than fungus as I assume I can rid myself of these and have some harvest left. Is it ok to use flowers that died prematurely? There pistils turn brown and the sugar leaves go sage color then the flower droops over and turns brown. Upon removeing dead material I did find "droppings". see pics Look like caterpillars to you?

Attached Files:

5. Yup bt is the cure, youll be fine. Bt is just a bacteria or similar that only targets caterpillars safe to everyone and everything else. Ya u can smoke the tops that died if u dont mind poop :)