Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Drew's another how to make cannibutter guide

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by drew425, Jan 7, 2013.

1. #1 drew425, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2013
    I know there's several other how-to's posted on here, but since I still see questions asked frequently about how to make butter, I've made some cookies and they aren't getting me high, etc., etc. I would like to share another way i've learned to make it. The method that I use is similar to a few i've seen on here, but you won't get the nasty cooked weed smell throughout your house and you wont have to seperate the butter. And I know for a fact it will get you high:smoking:

First things first.......the supplies you will need to make it

2 pots/pans
    2 1/2 sticks of unsalted high fat content butter (you will actually get 2 sticks of butter once you're finished since you'll loose a little in the process)
    1/2 oz - 1oz of shake/trim/etc (you can add more or subtract depending on how strong you want it or how dank your weed is. I just had my first harvest a few months ago of some pretty decent mids and 20 grams was just about right)
    1 coffee grinder (you can use a regular tobacco grinder but make sure you don't grind it up too fine. Thats why I use a coffee grinder. You'll understand later in this post;))
    2 sheets of cheese cloth. (The sheets need to be cut large enough so you can fold it over 2x and still have a 6inch by 6 inch square)
    1 glass jar with screw on lid
    2 zip ties or 2 pieces of string

So here we go. First start by filling the 2 pots or pans with water. Fill one almost to the top, and fill the other only about a 1/4 of the way. Reason for this is so the glass jar wont float. Start the burners and prepare your mj

Take the shake and grind it up. You don't want it too fine so it won't seep out of the cheese cloth. Take the ground up weed and put it in the cheese cloth and wrap it up like a tea bag and tie it with the zip ties at the top. If you used enough weed and did it correctly, you should have 2 large looking tea bags.

Now that the water is probably boiling in both pots back it of to a simmer and place the jar in one of them. Put the 2 1/2 sticks of butter in the jar and let it melt and then put the bags in the jar and close the lid. Make sure not to screw on the lid too tight. This will alleviate and pressure and keep the smell out of your house.

Now comes the hard part. Let it simmer for 6 hours +. The longer the better. Your going to have to hang around the house as the water will evaporate after a while. Check the pot about every 30 minutes for any evaporated water and add as needed. Also make sure to stirr the butter every 30 minutes and use the spoon to smash the tea bag down to get all that thc out.

After its done pour the contents of the jar into your favorite container and use the 2 spons to smash the rest of juices completely out of the bag and put the container in the fridge. It will only take a few hours to dry and harden but id recommend over night

And thats it. Just use the butter for any recepie that requires butter or do what I do. I love brownies so I just substitute a stick of butter instead of the oil

I guarantee this method will get you high after eating 1 brownie. I don't even eat a full one because I get messed up so much of one.:smoking:

For those of you that want to see some how to pics ill post them later. Its way too much work to load them from my phone to my computer then transfer them to a site and convert them to http format. Eff that. I use my GC app and load them right from my phone.

Any questions for me just ask:wave:

2. Just tried another way of making cannabutter. Its easier due to the fact that you don't have to keep an eye on it and stirr it every 20 min and check the water level to make sure its not evaporated.

Get a crockpot and add 5-6 4 oz sticks of butter. (depending on how much trim or weed you have but with this way the finished product should get you about 2-3 cups of cannabutter with about a pound and a half of butter) Add about 3-4 cups of water and then add in trim/shake and stir until its mixed in good. I didn't measure it but I added about 3 ounces. Id all depends on how strong you want it. If you google how to make cannabutter it actually says you should add 1/2 oz- 1oz for every stick of butter. Turn the crockpot on the lowest setting and let it simmer for about 8-10 hours. Make sure you stir the contents once every hour. If you want to cook it longer fine. The longer the better. I found the longer you let it simmer, the more potent and less weed you need to use

Once your done get a container you will want to put the butter in to cool it it in the fridge. You can use cheese cloth and put it over the container the butter will go in and strain it out that way but I found it works better if you get something like a plastic pasta strainer and put it over the container and pour it in. Once your done youll have the butter in the container to place it in the fridge (it should be very dark, almost black and very smelly) and the left over trim. Make sure you press the trim down over and over again with a hard flat object to squeeze all the excess juice out of the weed as this is the strongest stuff. Put it in the fridge over night and in the morning you should see the butter hardened on the top and the water sank to the bottom. Make a small slice on the corner of wherever on the container you like and drain the water out. Now you have your cannabutter to put in whichever receipe you like