Dreams

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by POTSTYLZ, Aug 28, 2004.

?

What do you think Dream are

1. Random Images that the brain projects

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Partial ability to see something of the future

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Link to a past life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Link to a greater power

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. So what does the city think of dreams? Do you believe they are a link to a past life? or do you believe that they are a connection to a higher power, the ablility to partially see the future (im sure you have had the Deja Vu experience with a dream), or lastly just random images that make no real sence but sometimes project possibilities. Please explain what you think

2. Dreams are very cool! My dreams, when i remember then, really don't make any sense. But sometimes i'll think about them and they really relate to some of the things in my life.

I think that dreams are a connection to a higher power, and that they connect to past lives AND the ability to see the future. I don't think its just random things... i think there is more to dreams than your conscience just wanting to be entertained, pulling out random memories.

I wish I could control my dreams... i've only been able to do that twice... two days in a row. Then i couldn't do it anymore.

edit: 100 posts baby! lol

3. My dreams are always pretty interesting, I can always remember them, at least right after I wake up. there is no way they are a link to anything...if that was so...somehow..at some time..I'm going to blow up the whole world from a skating rink that looks like an ecclesiastical super dome...

4. www.dreammoods.com
    some say that the symbols in your dreams can relate to your subconscious.. things that you're thinking of that you're not even aware of.. and the symbols can represent something in your life..

5. Latest thing 've read about dreams is thet they occur when the brain stocks and systemizes information you've gathered during the day. But I read that about 1-2 years ago. Much may have changed since.

6. I couldn't vote. I think dreams are a link to our subconscious... so in essence, a bit of all of them. Dreams, when understood, can tell us the future, the past (including past lives) fears, thoughts we hold down deep, desires, possibly a way to connect with other worlds, including *big POSSIBLY* Heaven/God. Of course, all I have to go by is what I study... and my own interpretations...but I guess that's all you asked for. :smoke:

7. Dreams are abstract ways of clarifying bits of yourself and what you've been involved in/pondering lately... or recurring things. Some dreams show things that you hadn't been aware of until the morning after. Subconcious thoughts play a big part in dreams.

8. normally i would love to comment on a thread like this, but at the moment i'm reading a book about Salvador Dali, more specificaly this particular chapter is his theory of dreams and the paranoic image, which actualy by all rights (as it refers to a lot of freud's works) should give me perfect ammunition to answer this question, however it has actualy completely fried my brain, and destroyed all powers of thinking, which i once had, therefore LAA DI DEE LA LAA LOO PING

9. your deepest thoughts and desires, and things you dont want to happen sometimes, played out for you in your head.

10. Yeah I'd say its the subconcious working over your thoughts. But I also believe it gets real deep into your brain, like the we only use 10% of our brain theory because I have had Deja Vu from dreams hundreds of times, usually its the normal as it happens you remember you dreamed it, but a couple times I remembered the dream when I woke up and it happened later, the craziest of which was 6 years from the remembered dream to the actuall occurance, that freaked me straight out. I rarely remember my dreams when I got green, but but when I'm without I dream intensely and remember most of it.

11. I believe that the dreams that you cannot remember sometimes have to do with deja vu. I think the brain, when sleeping, gets bored, and thus subconciously constructs possible events of the future based on the events, elements, and variables of the past. It takes information from the past and plays out conclusions to situations that may or may not happen in the future. Every now and again, the brain is correct about something, and you trigger the memory of that dream, and it thus seems strangely familiar. Sometimes if the brain is very accurate, you can somewhat predict ceritain things that are going to happen, I know that happens to me when I get deja vu sometimes.

And if that theory is true, then that means that the brain subconciously processes and remembers and stores infinate amounts of information. For instance..

say you're in a parking lot. And you have deja vu, and you think 'woah, im having deja vu! ..wow, that green car is going to start', and then it does. You just predicted, based on previous information, the traffic paterns of that car. This means that your brain notices the car every now and again around town, and remembers where it goes, when, which direction, etc etc etc. Think about it, that's a shitload of information to remember, process, and deduct conclusions from.

...but maybe i'm just wicked high. Shit, i typed alot. I'm just gonna shut up now :D

12. I copied this from another thread on déja vu. It explains how they happen. Nothing mysterious about it.

13. ok, that might be the 'scientific' way of explaining it... but you never know.. deja vus could mean somethign totally different or maybe something spiritual, who knows.. but its always fun to guess!

14. Well...that's up to you to belive. I know what I wrote is a scientific fact, not a theory. If you wanna put more meaning into it...go ahead. It sure is fun :smoke:

15. Lots of things in dreams i find are previous events, people, names, brands, places and objects all randomly put together to form new dreams. I only seem to have a few dreams that are totaly new. I can usally piece together everything in my dreams into what the memories are from.

I have had a few that i could relate to the future.

One i saw a bunch of shooting stars then a huge mushroom cloud followed by a few seconds of silence then what sounded like a lighning bolt a foot from me, this ofcoarse ended with a cloud of debris moving extremely fast.

The second one was really strange becasue i saw hours into the future. I was in the skies over New York and then a few lear jets flew by and crashed into some building then the rest was a blur and i was woken up by my mom telling my to turn on the news becasue the US was being attacked. Bet no one can guess what day that was. That was the scarienst dream i ever had not because of what happended but becasue of the similarity and the fact i dreamed it hours before.

16. i think dreams are just a memory of your mind exploring your mind and what it sees or thinks about while your asleep becomes your dream, this can lead to your mind coming across something you've been thinking about and your mind can take your thought furthur, possably coming to a prediction that you otherwize would not of thought of