Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dreams?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by CptnOlimar, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Well I first started smoking a couple years ago, been smoking pretty much daily for the past few months. I've heard that tokers don't get dreams as much (or at least don't remember them). I've never been much of a dreamer, never lucid and my dreams are usually not vivid, almost as if fast forwarding a blurry movie.
    I don't remember having a dream in a long ass time.

2. I just started smoking daily, about 10 days ago, and I've started having extremely vivid dreams. I've also been waking up early in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. What were your smoking habits before then?

4. It's actually rather well documented that weed has a negative effect on deep sleep cycles, which is why a lot of us regular smokers don't experience dreams as often or at all compared to others. I used to dream very vivid dreams almost every night, however once I started smoking daily (around 2 months ago) I have almost completely stopped dreaming.

For some of us it's better to get a lower quality sleep then no sleep at all, so for me the sacrifice is worth it.

5. I have very vivid dreams that I can remember pretty well.. They are often very similar if not the same, revolving around certain themes. Usually, I can decipher the exact moment in my waking life that triggered a specific dream event, too. I often become "lucid" during a dream (I know that I'm dreaming, and take control), but I usually don't remember the waking up process, and when I am finally awake , it feels like "oh, I had a dream where I knew I was dreaming" vs just continuing as if the dream were a waking thought and I was just opening my eyes.

6. I would smoke about once or twice a week before then

7. Now you have me curious. Could you reference this for me?

Are you an insomniac or have some sleeping issue?

How often do you smoke?

I would like to know if you still have dreams after a few more weeks. 10 days seems like not enough time to tell, especially considering the nature of sleep cycle.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I use to have really vivid dreams; in color, use to be able to wake myself up (wierd lol). Now, come to think of it, I don't dream that much anymore. Could be related to pot, but I have other things keeping me up as well.

9. i smoke a few times a week and my dreams are very vivid and i could usually remember them clearly. Alot of colour too. Just different for different people.