Dreams With Religious Figures

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Thejourney318, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Anyone have experience with these? I had one last night, it was pretty cool. The last few days I've been reading up on Hinduism, particularly the texts dealing with Krishna, and also reading a book by Osho about Krishna. And it was pretty much just straight up a dream about what I'd been reading about. The writings say that Krishna is sort of an ultimate personality which exists outside of all spatial and temporal differentiation, and that all subjects and objects exist within Him, and He exists within all of them. And it basically says you should keep your mind focused on Him at all times, understanding who He is, and you will over time more and more come to see and feel Him.

So that was basically my dream. I dreamed that I was just going through my life, but I was attempting to keep my mind focused on Krishna. And in my dream I would close my eyes, and when I did I would see Krishna within myself. I could feel him too, as bliss. I understood that He was also everything that I saw, and the bliss that He was that I could feel within myself extended out into everything as I came upon them. When I woke up, it was weird it was like a memory, like I couldn't really distinguish it from just what happened the night before. But I'm sure this didn't actually happen, lol, so I'm sure I dreamed it.

So yea. That was a nice and interesting experience. Cool to kind of have a dream where I experienced the spiritual teachings I was reading about. Anyone else have dreams like this?

2. #3 Thejourney318, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
    That's interesting/cool. I know George Harrison got into eastern spirituality. I saw a video of him and he was repeating the hare Krishna mantra like it was a regular practice for him. I always wonder about that mantra and that whole movement, because my only hearing of it before had been basically making fun of it like it was some stupid annoying thing. But the little I've looked into it makes it seem pretty legit. I don't know if it was just what some people were doin back in the day, if the whole 'persona' of them is just basically made up, or if the mantra itself is legitimate but there's a strange little offshoot movement that uses it. Idk. But I find Krishna interesting, and I know the mantra. lol.

Interesting/informative Wikipedia article

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ipedia.org/wiki/Hare_Krishna_(mantra)#History[/url]

3. When I was really depressed I had this fucked up dream that I killed myself and went to heaven, but god said I wasn't good enough for heaven and sent me to hell where I met the devil, who called me pathetic and that I couldn't go to hell. I was stuck in this black void and felt like I was endlessly falling until I woke up in cold sweats.

4. I personally affirm, and deeply believe in, the power and importance of dreams (I've had my own experiences with them); some, maybe even most of them, I wouldn't quarrel on the point, are more or less insignificant and unnoteworthy, but many a dream can be very insightful and impactful if one learns to properly receive them (and understand the specific symbolism therein). They say the Infinite likes to communicate in symbolic archetypes.

Yet you're dream isn't too hard to decipher... it's basically saying, extol the Almighty! What a blessed dream.

It's basically saying, amidst this bustling chaos man has created and perpetuated, focus on the purity and sanctity of the will permeating throughout, and inherent to, the earth and its living inhabitants. Focus on, and understand, your essence, that is, spirit, and see the world for what it is, and not how it appears and is broadcasted to be; that is to say, close your eyes and see with your heart...

"And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God who worketh all in all."

5. #7 Boats And Hoes, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014

Be honest, have you ever felt like, or do you ever feel like, you did not live up to some sort of possible potential? Like you didn't exert yourself enough (in some area or aspect of your life)?

Dreams can also be a way, or a medium, for your sub-conscious mind to convey to you some of your deepest, and most subtle and repressed, ideas which you may not have given enough, or do not give enough, discernable light to.

6. #8 Greenunit, Sep 11, 2014
    At that point in my life, I felt that I was worthless scum. I was suicidal and extremely depressed, abusing random OTC drugs, bad insomnia (and when a could sleep I had disturbing dreams like the above) not eating etc. etc.

So yes.

Hopefully, I hope that you are now recovered from such a low valley, and in good spirits, moving on to peaks!

8. i had a dream where i ask a pope like man 'whats beyond god?'

he replied 'nothing, nothing is beyond god'

9. I've had a waking dream (fully awake), and this multi arm entity danced like smoke and vibrated strange messages about me not running a good life and hinted that I started doing better.... it changed me to say the least.

10. #12 Thejourney318, Sep 11, 2014
    Krishna has four arms and dances :confused_2: Was he by any chance blue?

Anyways, sounds like a really interesting and awesome experience.

11. It was feminine, had pink skin and I remember seeing shiny patterns on her skin. I don't remember a face or anything though. ..

Indeed, nothing can be "beyond" the Infinite - for the Infinite envelopes the beyond and even more than that!

i think youd be hard pressed to find a single adult that isnt true about.