dreams that never seem to finish

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Savage4Liberty, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Has anyone ever had a dream about something you like, and never been able... idunno... finish? A few nights ago i was having a dream about this girl whom i haven't seen in some four or five years. We used to be good friends, up until we were about 13, and then we just seemed to kind of part ways. But recently i have been thinking about her, almost like i never wanted our friendship to end, maybe even become more than friends.

And i had this dream about her in which i wanted to... ask her out or something, and i was coming close to that point, and then i woke up. And i realized that that's the way I've been dealing with a lot of things in my life... just letting it go, planning on making a decision until it's too late. I'm 18 and have never asked a girl out, but when i meet a girl i'm attracted to, I'm afraid to talk to her or ask her out. But i think about it for a long ass time, until i feel like it's too late, or until she is already going out with another person. It's almost like my dreams reflect my lifestyle, or something i constantly worry about...

Can anyone relate to this?

2. wow ya i can relate surpisingly well to this. but it isnt just with relationships, its with my academics, my family, hobbies, u name it, it happens. and ive been having dreams exactly like yours. their really is no finish to them, no completion, no satisfaction. and as depressing as it may sound, these dreams relate directly to my life. wut worries me more than anything else is that im not gonna change and like my dreams i will prolly never find any completion in my life. im just glad im not alone haha

3. 99 % of my dreams never finish. But they get damn near close.

4. I always dream about the great white buffalo.

5. Man this is soooo weird. I just had one last night. See for me, I can often get sex if I want it but it's old to me. It's simply hormones and my dick. I feel like there should be something more but I know like NOTHING about real relationships. any who I had this dream where I was on a date with some older woman. Older than me. Not old. like 35 at tops. well I liked it so much and then we end up in her house and apparently she's married. not to me. we started to make out most likely leading to making love but this dream, I felt something. it was a feeling of connection and love combined. then I woke up. sucks.. ah well. one can only hope for the real thing. a real relationship with someone you care about. ah well.:eek:

6. Great white buffalo.

7. Same. Typically I am looking for a person/item/place and I can't find it. I look and look and eventually wake up.

8. @ R107SL: Yes! with me it's not just relationships either. Like I'm about to pass someone in a desert race, but it never really happens. Maybe this is just how dreams are... just pushing us to accomplish something in reality by making us feel like failures in our dreams...

@ The3amJunkie: I would flip off a Crip to have dreams thaat continue from night to night! That's toatlly awesome.

I gotta ask tho... what's with the white buffalo?

9. #10 livingsoul, Jul 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2010
    yeah I have had dream which do other than finish
    however there probably is other than finish to any dream
    I have had certain result I seek to achieve at dream and do other than achieve such result while dreaming due to being woken or similar

for instance
    this occurred at a duration during which I put much thought and energy attempting to figure out 'gals'
    I was staying at a motel and I had a dream during which I was either attempting to transform into a 'gal' or figure out the nature of 'gals'
    I was about to achieve whichever it was then randomly the 'person' staying at the room next to me (I am ignorant of whomever was there) knocked at the door joining the room waking me from the dream
    I think I was about to reenter the dream however whomever the 'person' was knocked again resulting with me being more awake
    I believe I looked at the clock and it was near around 2:34 am or sometime during the early am
    this seemed like more than a coincidence to me during the situation

I have also had dreams which I achieve the result I was seeking to achieve
    however these dreams are probably other than as memorable because we have already achieved the result we sought
    perhaps from dream we other than achieve the result we sought while dreaming - we continue to seek to achieve the result we were attempting to achieve when we wake and while we are awake - which is the purpose we remember those dream more

for instance
    I have had dream during which I
    walked on water
    summoned and controlled lightning
    believe dove into a puddle as though it were a pool - resulting with the puddle functioning as a pool
    ran very very fast - kind of like 'speed of sound' fast
    had pleasant relationship with people which seemed to represent value

10. Yeah it has only happened twice with two different dreams.. really strange.

I think I have crazy ass dreams and sometime Lucid ones because I am such a light sleeper. This morning I had a E-mail on my phone at like 6:30 am and I was dreaming I heard the phone go off, so I knew I was awake but at the same time I was still dreaming and try super hard to hold onto that dream. I did a few things in the dream that I knew I did awake it was nuckin Futs. I think thats what lucid dreaming is?