Dreams are made of..

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Budwisesir, Feb 15, 2010.

1. #1 Budwisesir, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
    I don't know what dreams are made of but heres an interesting question I'll pose for you.

Has anyone ever had any dreams that are in sync with real-time and per-say, dream-time? If you're confused, keep reading I'm going to explain. Also, keep in mind that I'm not talking about lucid dreaming or (WILD)

If you ever experienced this, please post your experiences as best as you can remember. I'm very intrigued by this topic of discussion.

So, a few minutes ago I was asleep, dreaming. And in this particular dream I was attending school with my old classmates (I've been out of school for about 2 years now) and we were working on a project called journey(odd). (I won't bore you with all the details so I'll cut it short) Schools over and the bell rings, so I'm walking home with a friend.. which is convenient because my house is a few blocks down from the school.

Anyways, I'm walking up to my front door, I open it and step foot inside my humble adobe... the dream ends. Now heres the cool part -

I wake up as soon as the dreams over and what do you know? I heard my front door open and close as I was awakening. As if my 'dream spirit' just walked in and jumped back into my body.

I remember posting about another dream that was like this a few months ago. So I'll just add it here for anyone interested.

[I walked into my brothers room and layed onto his floor so I could sleep. He gets up and starts to walk out of his room (At this point I just KNOW in my dream that he was fittin' to go in my room) As soon as I fell asleep on his floor in my dream, I woke up in real life. What happens next? Just like the dream, he comes into my room seconds before I awake.]

Don't hesitate to be heard, has anyone else experienced these odd awakenings? Share! :)

2. really an intreasting question

3. Couple nights ago I had this dream where I was walking down this street and everything began to shake rapidly, all the colors blurred into one and I didn't know what was going on. Turns out when I woke up in the morning we had experienced an earth quake.

4. Sounds like youre trying to describe an out of body experience? I've had dreams where I can hear my alarm through my dream. I've actually been stuck in dreams trying to find out what the fuck this irritating noise was only to wake up to my phone going off. That's the only real time to dream time connection I can make.

5. Interesting. Can't say I've ever had dreams like that.

I have had many lucid dreams and even precognitive dreams before.

6. Yeah it's not like I understand this really, but i've heard dreaming is an experience that you have when you experience the "bridge" from consious to unconsious.

I don't understand what this is saying, but I could see it is being where you don't have your senses of this planet earth and what's around you, but have like a semi-consious awareness still, and it becomes a dream world because it is making up something for you to live in still.

Idk if any of that makes sence, but that's my best interpretation pretty much lol.

7. I've never done ketamine, but i've heard people entering a dream like ketamine state where they don't have any sences and just experience a dream like trip.

I'd have to read more peoples experiences, but idk lol.

8. Dreams are unfulfilled desires.

9. In high school I would consistently be completely aware of conversations going on while I slept. I'd fall asleep and have a dream where this conversation is going on very clearly throughout the dream, being visualized in various ways. I'd then wake up and hear what I assumed was a continuation of the conversation going on a table across from me between two people. I'd ask a friend what they were talking about and sure enough it was exactly what I'd been dreaming about.

This happened a lot. It was always fun when it did happen. I'd just wake up looking confused "Hey... were they talking about _________? I just had a dream about it."

Sometimes just a single sentence would somehow make it's way into my head while I was dreaming and then it would become a theme for my dream. I remember having a dream about two people arguing about something abstract to wake up and find people arguing about it next to me.

10. Yes, I'm aware that your surroundings can play parts in your dream even if you're not 'aware' whats going on around you. But that isn't the case for mine. Like the first story I explained, I dream't the door opened before it actually did. "I wake up as soon as the dreams over and what do you know? I heard my front door open and close as I was awakening." The same exact concept with the second story too. Although its only seconds apart at most, it still doesn't make sense on how my surroundings could play a part in my dream if I already dream't what happened before it actually happens, you know what I mean?

The best way I could put it is - Deja Vu Dreaming.

11. Sorry - I guess I went offtopic in that post.

Hmm... something similar happened. It still baffles me to this day.

I once had a dream I was in a public place and saw a bullet coming for me. It was going in slow motion, I saw it moving slowly and heading towards my right side. What happened though is as soon as it hit me I felt a sharp pain, woke up and had JUST rolled over onto my mp3 player which I fell asleep listening to.

This makes me wonder... how the hell did my mind create this situation, knowing I was going to have pain inflicted on a certain area before it happened? I hadn't been lying on it, I had just rolled onto it (I was semi balancing on my side, not fully turned over when I woke), yet, my dream created this entire scenario based on what was about to happen in the future.

Perhaps while dreaming the mind simply works fast enough to create this scenario before the physical sensation of pain hit my body. This would explain the rift in dream time.

Your dream sure speaks for the idea of global consciousness. A friend and I were speaking about people seeing the future/having deja vu in dreams recently. Perhaps everybody has a little bubble of subconscious thoughts floating around somewhere and while dreaming yours bumped into his :p