Dreams and intuition

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by bizzletwister10, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Why do our dreams fabricate in such an odd way? Why are dreams so off the walls and what is their purpose?

Maybe it is because your dreams are trying to reroute your bran in order to perform more evolved actions/thoughts in the nearest future possible. I often notice that my dreams have dramatized emotions and ideas from the day before and even the following day, but much more drastic and abstract.
    Oh and I dream about ufo's and have lucid dreams. Both are common dreams I have. I get strong vibes often eerie or divine, and I usually remember at least a few dreams everynight, on a rare occasion I remember over 10. I smoke maybe once a week.

...Not trying to ramble on, but what is the science to dreams?
    Post anything you believe!
    Thanks

2. Look up the pineal gland.

3. yeah man I have looked into all that stuff. I was just wanting to hear some original ideas.

4. I lucid dream quite a bit too...haven't really tried to use dreams to take meaning or learn anything yet though. Very interested in doing so, however, as it seems clear that there is some deeper level of consciouness achieved while dreaming that we could somehow tap into.

5. I haven't been able to have a lucid dream. All of my dreams are just images of the past thrown together with what i've recently thought about. Like, my mind takes memories from the past and puts a new spin on it. As far as i know there aren't any signs. Nothing is constant in any of my dreams. The only exception is when i have the same dream multiple times...

6. Yea generally throughout my life when I don't have lucid dreams, I have those dreams that repeat over and over again. Pretty weird.

7. You're just tripping balls when you dream.

8. Dude I interpret my dreams religiously. It is important to take note of them and give them meaning. I think it can save ones life

9. our minds need entertainment while we sleep too? because we get it all the time when we are awake? the mind gets bored?

haha.. I'm just high & this is really interesting :p

10. Yeah i don't do the whole god thing..

11. I have this intuition were I can sit down and listen to you for an hour and even if you lied to me about how you are, by the end I may have a very good grasp on your personality.

Also when I'm doing something, I can easily tweak whatever it is to perfect it, such as shooting an arrow into a target, after one or two shots, I seem to start nailing it. I can easily do physical tasks once it is engraved in my memory, and that happens quickly.

12. you are thinking but your eyes are closed thus yr reality is visually psychedelically manifest. wooie.

13. i see them as your brain taking random memories and projecting them. i dont think they are spiritual or very meaningful, Ever noticed how you sometimes dream about what your thinkin about before you sleep? Its just your brain going through the whole mess that is your memories and projecting them, not religious experience, not meaningful. I believe a sense of peace and contentment can be achieved in lucid dreaming, but as far as regular, uncontrolled dreaming, its just like watching a random ass movie youve never seen