Dream Theater

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ThatFriendlyGuy, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Some of you favorite songs. Other then alk :p.
    I enjoy glass prison
    Dark eternal night
    Instrumedley from live ad budokan.

2. As I Am, Panick Attack are my favorites.

3. Nice nice. I adore every song in Train of Thought.

4. Stream of consciousnesses!
    The glass prison!
    Pull me under!

5. Octavarium is $$$$$$$

6. [quote name='"by-tor2112"']Octavarium is $$$$$$$[/quote]

The song or album?

7. I like wait for sleep.

8. John Petrucci is a fucking insanely good guitarist

Edit: And for fav song gotta be glass prison

9. [quote name='"jcH09"']John Petrucci is a fucking insanely good guitarist

Edit: And for fav song gotta be glass prison[/quote]

Agreed. Theyre all amazing at what they do though. I thought mike portnoy was an amazing drummer. Its just not the same without him.

10. Both of course :D

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hDs6mCVAKs]Dream Theater - Panic Attack + Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

That bass in the first 7 seconds always makes me jizz ma pants :laughing:

12. War ibside my head is one im currently enjoying at 7 in the morning o a saturday after an hour of longboarding watching thesunrise :D

13. I find this thread as I'm listening to them, haha.

Favorite two songs: Panic Attack and Octavarium

Their drummer is absolutely beast.

14. [quote name='"Studovich"']I find this thread as I'm listening to them, haha.

Favorite two songs: Panic Attack and Octavarium

Their drummer is absolutely beast.[/quote]

Hahaa nicee. Yeah drummer was* beast.

15. I miss Portnoy :cry:

16. #16 dreamtheater, Sep 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2011
    Octavarium is one the best songs ever written, it's what truly made me see music as a form of art that doesnt have to have any sort of conformity or structure....it is just so beautifully arranged, it was something I had never heard before and never will again.
    Metropolis is my 2nd favorite album after Octavarium. Rudess is such a beast
    Anybody else seen them live? Seen them twice, got to see them on the Octavarium and Systematic Chaos tour, I was gonna see them a 3rd time but I got arrested on the day of the concert which sucked.
    edit:Wearing an Octavarium shirt in my avi btw, I have 3 different ones, all that album lol
    in case you havent heard it, listen
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH_9lJxeiXg[/ame]

17. ^^ theres a concert in toronto in octobe. I want to fucking go but its like expensive as balls for a ticket. And im short on cash right now.
    Ps. Nice name :). I truly love them. Nothing else even compares.

18. I'm going to see them front row in October! I love the way their music is so artistic and how JP and JR can play in sync like that. Just pure genius. My favorite songs are probably metropolis, stream of consciousness, and on the backs of angels. Best fucking band ever.

19. [quote name='"ThatFriendlyGuy"']

Agreed. Theyre all amazing at what they do though. I thought mike portnoy was an amazing drummer. Its just not the same without him.[/quote]

I do agree it's not gonna be the same but I think they're gonna be ok with mangini.

20. scenes from a memory ftw