dream theater

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by xn3m0x, Apr 30, 2007.

1. anyone listen to dream theater? new album coming out soon... touring soon too

2. Touring you say?

I'm there. I have Metropolis Pt. 2, and I love it to death. I haven't listened to too much other stuff, but all I've heard is gold.

:D

3. Is that why john petrucci isn't on G3 this year, so he can tour with dream theater?

4. i went to their last big 20th anniversary thing at radio city music hall, was on crazy headies brownies and was out of my mind, it was an amazing experience

5. Word. Pretty much everything minus their frist album is classic. Metropolis Pt.2 is probably the best display of the range and capabilities of DT... although Petrucci shines through the most on Train of Thought. Of course, if you want to see Petrucci at his finest, check out Suspended Animation or An Evening with John Petrucci and Jordan Ruddess.

The thing I love most about DT is how different each album is from the next. For better or worse, you can't deny that DT is constantly evolving their sound. Octavarium was one of their most "accessible" albums, harldy any solos or jam sessions, yet it was still brilliant to me. Haven't heard anything about their new album until now.

I saw them a couple years ago on GiganTour... HardRock Live tried to ruin the show with the shittiest PA System in the history of electronics, but they still put on a good show. You could tell Labrie was pissed, but Petrucci was ace. Definitely worth seeing live.

6. yawn, are they touring with dungeons&dragonsforce yet?

7. I love Dream Theater. I have seen them 5 times, have all their studio albums, their dvd's, and all official bootlegs. They are amazing.