Dream Log and possible explanations

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by SkunkWoodz, May 11, 2013.

1. Creating this thread to blog about my dreams. I'll start with last nights dream and possibly, later on, type up some I've written down on paper. Please feel free to contribute with your own dreams or explanations for my, or others dreams. I don't really like to interpret my dreams, I don't think they mean anything, but it's always fun to hear what you freud followers have to say.

OK
    so last night I dreamt I was at some sort of large party, like a graduation or something. It was set at a big resort, I think near an ocean or lake, it had a golf course, lots of shops, and shoulder to shoulder people everywhere.
    The main points were I was really really wanting to go golfing, but didn't have the proper attire, can't remember what I had on besides it was a t-shirt and my regular green adidas holding me back. I went to the pro shop with my dad and somehow fanagled (borrowed?) a pair of very much a combination of my nike hi tops and my green adidas and they were golf cleated. lol yeah you heard that right green hi top adida golf shoes.
    I didn't have a full set of clubs either, so I was tempted to steal a gold colored driver, like solid gold.
    Then I remember going through a labyrinth like set of hallways to get to the golf course then being seperated from my party. Then never finding the golf course and becoming seriously frustrated.
    Then I woke up, just as frustrated it seemed, and mad at my dad for leaving me behind.

I'm excited to hear some of your guys' dreams and possible explanations. PEACE!!!

2. Alrighty then, last night goes as such, actually have two dreams for ya

The first one goes like this, the dude darryl from storage wars was in it. but only he was selling his big rig (doesn't actually exist) tow truck/ air compressor truck. My dad and I got seperated again because this time we were at a parts store, dunno why, and I just picked up a fire hydrant hub cap thingy and he purchased it, well, we didn't need it, I just like to pick stuff up and look. After returning it I somehow managed to pay 13k dollars for the big rig, dunno how I got to the auction from a parts store. Maybe it's three dreams lol
    Anyways, when driving the rig home, some jackass in a much smaller truck was fuckin with me, so I blasted through the side road and fucked with him, only I got sideways and smashed the giant chrome compressor into a tree, denting it. Got it back to my place, back in Boise and started to repair it, Dad wasn't mad at all, rather pleased we got a truck that could make us some money.

Second Dream
    I'm setting up shop in my friends new house for some reason, maybe we moved in together, maybe it was just the spacious like 6 car garage. We cleaned it up real well then started planning how we all wanted our section. His childhood best friend was in on it too so there were three of us setting up shop in the garage. I have so many damn tools that I couldn't figure out where or how I was going to set up all my crap (lathe, sander, drillpress, bench grinder, couple boxes of hand tools)
    I have you konw I'm struggling with this in real life right now, trying to set up shop in a tiny ass shop here in tahoe, for real.
    Anyways, I keep finding myself wandering around in the backyard and going inside for some reason, maybe we were getting high or just taking breaks. It was really windy too, so windy it would blow the entire garage door inwards because it was off the tracks. I think it was his baby daughters birthday too as there were a lot of women around for the baby. then I woke up.

3. not much last night due to whiskey but

I was packing cans of tuna from my parents garage in idaho. They were dusty.

4. #4 NativeGanja, May 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2013
    Thanks for creating a Dream Thread  :smoke:  I document most of my dreams, so I will share some of my nighttime adventures. I will post three dreams - one of which I believe I've posted somewhere on these forums before; the second, and the third being entirely new. The first dream that I'm posting is fairly old, so I re-worded some vocabulary, and fixed some grammatical errors (based upon the original document in my computer). The second and third dreams are recent.  

Insight Dream

"I was standing within a riot of people; everyone was violently fighting with each other. This was taking place in the towns square of my town; all hell broke loose. Within the chaos I saw a skinny man with a white long sleeved shirt and jeans pull out a gun and point it at a random person in a car. Assuming he had the intention of killing this person, I ran up behind him, put him in a choke hold, pushed his hand downwards, forcing his tendons to stretch. The gun dropped onto the ground. I grabbed the gun as he was still in the choke hold, and tackled him to the ground; I pointed the gun at his head and just held him there 

Moments later, a larger man (I'm assuming the guy's friend) hit me on my back with a baseball bat. The blow hit me hard, but I managed to dodge his second blow, reacted quickly, and shot the man in the head. The man who I was holding down got up and ran off, scurrying off between cars in flames and people, however I had no intention on catching him, because at that moment I realized that the reason why people are doing this is not because the malevolence of others, but due to drastic situations which force people to act in such a way. I felt tremendous compassion for the man, and realized that he is in the same strife as all of us. I was no better, nor noble than him. 

The dream continued in a haze of commotion, and yelling. The next thing I remember was that I was standing on this large hill, looking over a my college campus. I ventured down the hill and entered the administration building, and upon my arrival I saw my mother and one of my old friends talking, while sitting at a table. I didn't approach either of them, although my friend noticed me, yet completely ignored my existence. I ignored my irritation and went back outside, however, there were Indian people (India, not Native Americans) outside in white garbs and no shoes on. I realized my shoes were off too, which seemed odd to me. I asked one of the Indian gentlemen if he knew where my shoes were, he looked up at me with a smile and pointed me in the right direction. I thanked him, and proceeded to grab my shoes, as I was grabbing them this Asian man in casual clothing approached me with his animal that he had on a leash. It seemed like a cat/dog hybrid; very interesting. He told me "you won't be needing those, come with me please". I felt somewhat comforted by the man's voice, and agreed and followed him. Moments later, I appeared on the hill where I once was. Him and I walked around, and he was showing me these places - 

A war torn kazeebo, and a few buildings here and there. I didn't necessarily understand the relevance, although I took it in. 

We walked back towards the edge of the hill, and as we were walking back he told me: 

"In order to let go, you must always remember that you are still with the universe" (This was the insight)

Moments after processing that thought, his animal ran away; I ran after it. When I inched closer, I morphed with this animal. I began to fly, and at a certain point I began to drop from the sky. I was anticipating the fall, and how bad it would feel, but then - the man's words came into my head, and I remembered what he told me. With those words in my head, I fell and I didn't feel any pain, it was merely a new experience; a new sensation. I brushed myself off and instantly felt much better about things. I went back into the lobby where my mother and my old friend were still talking. I soon woke up afterwards." 

"Digging Man"

I had this dream two months ago. As short as it was, it left me with a strange feeling for a week. "I was talking to an older man; he was wearing a red shower robe, loafers, and had short grey-hair. Throughout the conversation, I realized that there was something wrong with him - something psychology wrong with him. He wasn't phased by any emotional reaction, nor emotional attachments - the kind of person who was entirely desensitized from himself. As the conversation continued, he mentioned a graveyard that he frequents often for business. I wasn't entirely sure what he meant; he offered that I come and join him on one of his "business trips" anyways. 

I didn't agree, nor disagree - yet I went with this man, regardless. The setting soon became rather bleak; clouds became over-cast, and evening hit soon. We entered the graveyard; it seemed fairly old. Most of the gravestones were marked from the 1920's. The man led me to a family tomb within a metal fence - three slabs of polished granite, each a foot away from each other, with the engraved names of the deceased - with a plaque of personal information. The old man looked at me and said "here we are; time to dig". He walks over and grabs a shovel resting on a nearby tree - he gives me one more quick glance, and begins to dig. My heart dropped; I was mortified - time passed by quickly in this state of shock. I looked away, then looked back at the graves to find they were already partially exhumed. The man soon breached the first grave, and opened the casket - a rotting corpse was inside. Skeletal and dried out, yet still somewhat recognizable. The moment I laid my eyes on the corpse, the dream changed its hue - the color was black and white, like an old-film. The atmosphere was schizophrenic, and indistinguishable voices reverberated off of everything that appeared as solid matter. The man then opens the second casket - a skeleton. Then the third, another fresh corpse, being eaten away by maggots.

I began to breath heavily, and sweat dripped from my face. I heard a loud 'thud', then I appeared in an old wooden room - underground somewhere, lit by candlelight. I was sitting on a chair, and the old man was sitting across from me in a red-velvet chair. Everything remained its hue from the previous scene of the dream - dark, and black and white. Behind the old man, there were various trinkets - a ship in a bottle, a measuring utensil, and an hourglass. The man told me "these bodies; these wonderful works of art, I use them in my films that I make"." 

The dream cuts-out and I wake up, sweating profusely, and extremely anxious. Needless to say, I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night, and it bugged me for a week. 

Red-Apocalypse 

"I was driving with some people in an unfamiliar vehicle somewhere in Arizona or New Mexico. We passed through canyons and eventually we entered a dark industrial tunnel. This tunnel had no lights as a guideline, but only the light emitting from the exit further down. The light at the end of the tunnel slowly became brighter, and larger - soon exiting the tunnel, we found our selves under a rusty iron highway bridge, and eventually driving out into a clearing. An open view of the whole area from the mountain top. The surrounding area was very flat, with mountains in the distance, however the lands appeared to be very arid with little to no green vegetation. In the moment, a realization hit me. This place had been ravaged by disaster, the heat emitted on the horizon had a glow of red, orange, yellow, brown and black. Feelings of emptiness, death, mourning, and waste entered into my mind, painting my subconscious reality. This red apocalypse desert; a place of no return." 

I soon woke up feeling rather strange. 

5. dang, got some pretty good dreams, and well written.  Thanks

6. Ok, so I can't remember last nights, but the night before was a good one, atleast for me, sorta, still dealing with certain issues and this one brought a lot of light onto them.

So it starts with my friends and I in portland.  I was actually thinking about the coolest guy I met over there S earlier in the day and he came up in the dream.  We all went to his little ice cream shop (he never actually had an ice cream shop to my knowledge lol) I order a waffle cone and he has to go make the waffle cones fresh, which I thought was super badass.  But to the goodness of that, was also bad.  I had relapsed on ice before we went to the shop, so I was tweaking out at the ice cream shop.  Now the overally vibes for me were dark and muddy, but I still know I fealt good about seeing S, and he was doing well. 
    Then some crazy shit happend and my car blew up.  The official cause was two rechargeable batteries.  Don't know if they touched ++ -- or +- but the reaction blew my subaru outback into two completely seperate pieces.  Everyone had a good laugh at the fact batteries could do that (they can't fyi) then went about their ways. I ended up on the bad road.
    I found an old friend of mine who also had issues and it's a bit unclear if he was shaping custom longboards and shortboards or I was, but there were a couple of my designs sittin around.  Come to mind, it was the same friend who I set up shop with in another dream.  Anyways, I find my way to a bedroom to finish off the crank I scored earlier to get over my car blowing up.  I remember almost being caught, so I had to stash and ended up spilling a shitload on my shorts.  And ya just don't let good drugs go to waste, so I gobbled that shit up off my shorts like a chicken.  Think I woke up at that point.