Dream bong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Greenunit, Feb 28, 2014.

1. #1 Greenunit, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014
    Okay, maybe not my dream bong as I'm on a fairly tight budget. But I've done a lot of research and I've compiled a list of features I think I'd like in a bong for a reasonable price, and I want your input. I haven't had much of an opportunity to use bongs, but the few times I have I've been blown away and want to own one of these myself. :bongin:

Anyway, here's my shopping list of features:
    - beaker base
    - $100-150 CAD
    - boro glass
    - >5mm glass
    - diffused downstem
    - single perc
    - splash guard
    - ice notches
    - <2' high
    - for flowers/vaporbonging

I don't really know how necessary these are, and I have no idea as to the difference between kinds of percs as far as the effect they have on the smoothness of smoke. Educate me? :)

2. #2 phunk doc, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014
    i cant offer any direct links, but may i suggest staying away from percs/splash guard with a beaker base, specifically. a beaker will be much chuggier than any other style because of the amount of water. some folks already consider them draggy, a perc and splash guard may ruin the purchase for you.

3. a bong with all that? sitting at $150 max? good luck
    maybe the volcano bongs have something like it
    if i were you, i would just start a glass collection, one day you will be able to have a quality piece that has the 7 things you wanted
    i just feel like your asking to much for the price.

4. Apix Stemline

5. I can confirm the beaker chuggyness. I personally was a huge fan of it though, to each their own

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 InstaBlaze, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2014
    At that price point if you want a beaker base and a perc its prolly gonna be an import. I'd honestly recommend getting like a 16" plain tube/beaker, or something stemless like an apix piece. And since you're using it for vaporbonging you don't want too much diffusion.

Don't worry too much about the glass being more than 5mm, good welds are more important.

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. absolutely, my preferred style is beaker. my girl haaates the beakers and prefers the quick, zippy hit of a straight tube. i feel like I can adjust a beakers hit simple by tipping it forward or back, but that's me haha.

8. Does a splash guard really make that much of a difference? I stuck it on my list just cause I've hit a minibong and gotten nasty splashback, but in a larger bong is it unnecessary?

I want a beaker bong mainly because I like the look and it seems a lot steadier, I've hit them before and don't mind the 'chugginess'.

What are the advantages of stemless pieces? Why don't I want lots of diffusion for vaporbonging?

9. Yeah with a smaller bong or one with a perc high up splashguards are nice but they are unnecessary on larger tubes. Stemless are nice because they allow you to have a single chamber with a perc instead of a downstem. And you don't need much diffusion for vaporbonging since there isn't much in the vapor for the water to pull out compared to regular flower smoke

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app