Dreadlocks

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by trippingstone21, Apr 29, 2012.

1. #1 trippingstone21, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2012
    I've been wanting to dread my hair for a while now. my hair is super nappy, thick and curly, i've been growing it out for about 4 months. Probably 6 inches in length. Dreading my hair isn't an issue, i just want tips on how long i should wait to do it so my dreads won't look too short and awkward.
    This is a picture a friend took of my hair about 3 weeks ago. (the left one)

Attached Files:

2. i dreaded my hair at like 16 inches...it was nappy as hell and then it dreaded on its own...u can do it whenever bro, it dont matter. people have started dreads at like 1 inch. ur dreads will be short with that hair

3. Fosho man, my friend told me she did her dreads short and they locked up faster and better, but i have a big ass head so it'll look weird haha

4. Dreads are cool man.
    My hair's too straight for 'em though so I just keep it long as fuck.:smoke:

5. you could dread straight hair if you wanted too.

6. Tried it once, it just turned into a greasy mess. lol

7. I started mine with about two inches of kinky hair. It looks like an inch and a half now and they're pretty skinny. I don't think it would look bad on a guy. As a girl, I wish I'd waited until it was much longer, but I got tired of the fro. It's all up to you on when to start.